2013/4/21: Genesis: Earthworm Jim, Earthworm Jim 2, Galahad

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Supersoundwaveisback1

Postby Supersoundwaveisback1 » April 25th, 2013, 1:06 am

Let me explain why his reviews don't make anysense. He hates it when games are hard to him. He can't get pass a certain level. Then he hates a game like alien storm and he hates it because its easy. You don't make anysense. Your not a happy gamer/reviewer.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » April 25th, 2013, 3:13 am

[QUOTE=Supersoundwaveisback]Let me explain why his reviews don't make anysense. He hates it when games are hard to him. He can't get pass a certain level. Then he hates a game like alien storm and he hates it because its easy. You don't make anysense. Your not a happy gamer/reviewer.[/QUOTE]

"Let me explain why his reviews don't make anysense." - You think you're making any? "Well you need proof that your points to make your points believeable"   You might want to rephrase that.

" He hates it when games are hard to him." - This needs to be elaborated, "backed up" if you will. If you're gonna review a game, its difficulty will certainly affect your review, one way or another, depending on your own tastes. Dave's does have subjectivity, and, guess what, you have that as well. In spades.

" Then he hates a game like alien storm and he hates it because its easy" - You know, ABC logic rarely works. In this case, it doesn't. As a reviewer, he's got to pay attention to games' difficulty level: they could be too hard or too easy, hence frustrating one way or another. 

Best part, you always have a right to disagree. I don't think Alien Storm is too easy myself (since you can actually custom the difficulty level in the options menu), but, to each his own. And I like to struggle sometimes (Ghost'nGoblins comes to mind..), but fully understand how others may not. As long as you stay polite and don't behave like a troll, you're more than welcome to post over here any opinion you might have. As of right now, you're on a slippery slope, though.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » April 25th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Wow - you've completely missed the entire appeal of this site - short, sharp, personal reviews.
I love the fact I can read a couple of reviews on my toilet break or when I have a spare couple of minutes.
If I want a video review, I'll go to YouTube. If I want a detailed and long review I'll go to IGN.
The critic knows his audience and delivers what they want - that seems to escape you, I don't want this site to be like all the rest, I like it's personal vibe.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » April 26th, 2013, 11:49 am

Critic, if you're going as far as reviewing different versions of the Earthworm Jim series, I suggest getting Earthworm Jim: Special Edition on the Sega CD. It's basically the Genesis version, but with an exclusive new level, much better graphics, and unreal music. I think it would be interesting to compare all these versions to one another.

Also, I suggest getting the Super Nintendo versions of the Earthworm Jim games. I have heard that the Snes version of Earthworm Jim 2 is better than the Genesis version, so if you do go around to reviewing it, keep that in mind. 

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » April 26th, 2013, 11:54 am

[QUOTE=Supersoundwaveisback](claps) You once again proved my point. Your reviews make no sense whatsoever. You say the genesis has a huge terrific library of games and yet many of the good games you gave are c- for d's or b-'s or f's. We are in 2013. It is time you do gameplay footage. Backup your points. We are not 1999 anymore. Look at Ign and Gamespot. When they do reviews, they have gameplay footage. You need to back up your points. [/QUOTE]

(Claps) You once again proved you have no idea what this site is about.

Yes, Dave does give bad grades to some games I consider great, and while I disagree with said reviews, I highly respected his opinion, due to a lack of bias, and it's nice to see a different perspective on games.

You also should take into account the "less is more" concept. IGN and Gamespot's reviews of games can usually span 3 pages, and most of the time it can be boring. With the critic's reviews, however, they're short enough for those with low attention spans, yet cover the game in great detail and insight that you can tell he treats it like a job.

As for the video reviews, like everyone else said, this site wouldn't be as great as it is with that focus at hand. If you don't like this site, shut up and go somewhere else, my friend.

Return to “Review Feedback”