Rate your favorite Xbox 360 FPS games!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » April 25th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hi guys, I'm looking for a good new (or old) first persoon shooter for the Xbox 360, maybe you can give some suggestions or list your favorite FPS games? I already played this (in order of favorites), so what's next that will fit my taste?

1 - BioShock
2 - BioShock Infinite
3 - BioShock 2
4 - Halo Reach
5 - The Orange Box
6 - Rage (yes, I liked it)
7 - Duke Nukem Forever (yes, I liked it II)
8 - Doom 3 BFG
9 - Condemned 1
10 - Halo 3
11 - Halo 4
12 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
13 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare
14 - Call of Juarez 2
15 - Call of Duty 2
16 - Wolfenstein
17 - Condemned 2

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » April 25th, 2013, 3:17 pm

I few I've got that you haven't tried:

Bulletstorm (If you liked Duke Nukem and Rage, I think you'll like this one.  Plus, it's cheap.)
Battlefield series
COD Black Ops series
Halo ODST
Perfect Dark Zero

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » April 25th, 2013, 4:37 pm

There's also the Borderlands games, Modern Warfare 3, Metro 2033, the Crysis series, The Darkness games, the Far Cry series, Deux Ex Human Revolution, Max Payne 3, Homefront, Medal Of Honor 2010, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Quake 4, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Timeshift, Rainbow Six Vegas series, and Turok 2008.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » April 25th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Bioshock, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, COD Black Ops, COD Modern Warfare 3, Halo Reach, Portal 2

My favorite out of that three has to be Bioshock, Portal 2, and Black Ops. The first two are some of the most creative and innovative first person shooters ever made, and are really fun to boot. Black Ops could have the best single player experience in the series (that or MW3), and the upgraded Nazi Zombies and the new 2D zombie shooter made it even better.

Sure, most of the games these days are FPS games, but ill be damned if it doesn't include some of the best games ever.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » April 25th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Play Far Cry 3.  Forget about the others in the series and jump straight into this one.  Easily one of the best FPS/Sandbox games of the generation.  

Like you, I really liked Rage.  Glad to see it on your list.  I'll echo darkrage and suggest Max Payne 3.  It's in a third person perspective (which I prefer), but I absolutely LOVED that game.  It's brilliant.  Just a half step below the Uncharted series.  He also suggested Deus Ex Human Revolution, and I'd also recommend that one.  It's pretty difficult to define; it's a FPS, RPG, and stealth game all wrapped into one.  You can approach every situation with guns blazing (but I never lasted long doing that), or you can complete the entire game without firing a bullet (though you may not be able to do stealth against bosses.  Not sure.).  The game's also $7 used at Gamestop right now, so there's next to no risk.

Since no one else has mentioned it, I'd also suggest Singularity.  It borrows a lot of the elements from Bioshock, has some really cool enemies and powers, and it has a really creepy atmosphere.  Check it out.  It should be dirt cheap by this point.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » April 25th, 2013, 9:34 pm

I almost forgot about Singularity, for me it was like Bioshock done right.

jbltecnicspro1

Postby jbltecnicspro1 » May 1st, 2013, 5:13 pm

I echo the Far Cry 3 recommendation.  I have it for PC and have finished it once on the easiest difficulty and am finishing it again on the hardest.  I can't seem to get enough of this game.  

Return to “Modern Gaming”