EA has Star Wars License

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Truthfulpietro1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby Truthfulpietro1 » May 6th, 2013, 8:22 pm

So Disney has decided to Trust Electronic Arts to make games for the Star Wars License

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/ea-acquires-star-wars-game-license

Personally I'm anxious but hopeful.

What do you think guys?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

EA has Star Wars License

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 6th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I'm skeptical as hell.  EA's track record with "exclusive licenses" is deplorable.  Why do these companies feel it's necessary to offer exclusive licenses in the first place?  It may mean a lot of cash up front, but it's really short sighted on their part.

Segatarious1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby Segatarious1 » May 6th, 2013, 9:28 pm

The new Star Wars will probably be bad too. JJ Abrams is pretty much a joke - lets see, Star Trek Rebirth- 100 billion Vulcans die when Planet Vulcan is sucked into a black hole that's placed in it's center. Young Spock saves a half dozen off the planet before it implodes and says straight faced -  'we saved the essence of Vulcan's culture' - lmao!!!!!

The 'Old Spock' (and this time travel gimmick was lame as hell to begin with) was marroned on ice planet days before and just sat on his butt and watched it go down. - BUT - when young Kirk ends up near him, suddenly he gets the gumption up to hike to fed star base on the planet and actually do something proactive - - WHAT?!?!?!?

I can only imagine how bad the new new Star Wars will be, the prequels were already terrible, bad plots, wooden acting.

The games found a nice home with EA, they will have great graphics and thats 90% of the battle, right? None of these companies care about the product anyway.

Blueguy1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby Blueguy1 » May 6th, 2013, 11:55 pm

RIP Great Star Wars games, forever.

ActRaiser1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby ActRaiser1 » May 7th, 2013, 10:28 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]The new Star Wars will probably be bad too. JJ Abrams is pretty much a joke

I can only imagine how bad the new new Star Wars will be, the prequels were already terrible, bad plots, wooden acting.

The games found a nice home with EA, they will have great graphics and thats 90% of the battle, right? None of these companies care about the product anyway.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new movies.  And I liked the Star Trek reboot.  To me Star Trek felt more like Star Wars with more humor and action than the previous movies.

As for the prequels, that's in the past.  We're getting a different director.  Likewise, there's talk that the original writer for Empire Strikes Back will help out as well.  

Regardless, of what you think I have hopes that with EA we'll get a Battlefield branded Star Wars experience, which sounds pretty good to me.  If only someone would bring back either X-Wing or Tie Fighter.  Now, that would be awesome.

Wallyworld1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby Wallyworld1 » May 7th, 2013, 10:50 am

I'm sure this is a wonderful idea. It's worked really well for the NFL franchise.

darkrage61

EA has Star Wars License

Postby darkrage61 » May 7th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Segatorious-I disagree, I actually liked the prequels and do not understand all the hate for them, I also like Abrams so i'm very much looking forward to the new films.  I  loved the new Star Trek and can't wait to see Into Darkness with my mom(a die hard trekkie if there ever was one).  As for the EA thing, perhaps that means Star Wars 1313 may actually see the light of day after all?

DaHeckIzDat1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » May 7th, 2013, 1:43 pm

I agree with Actraiser. This is the perfect chance to revive the Battlefront series and make it better than ever. EA has proven they can do military simulations, now they just need to figure out a good way to implement it into the Star Wars universe.

Pacman0001

EA has Star Wars License

Postby Pacman0001 » May 7th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Que "March of the Empire."

Irenicus1

EA has Star Wars License

Postby Irenicus1 » May 7th, 2013, 8:52 pm

If you want to use Luke you can purchase this character for $1.99.

Chewbacca & Han are only $.99 each.

Otherwise the default character to use is Jar Jar.

Return to “Modern Gaming”