Updated Star Wars Review

General and high profile video game topics.
idunnowhy

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby idunnowhy » May 18th, 2005, 1:00 am

Wow, thank you for updating the Star Reviews and putting them all in one place for my eyes to devour.  But one small complaint.... why did you "fix up" the Nintendo Star Wars review?  The opening line (something like 'remember that scene in star wars when luke jumped over a spike pit and got dissolved by dripping acid?  Me neither!') was one of the most hilarious things ever posted on your site!  Your updated review may be more professional, but I'll always miss that knee-slapping opener.

otherwise, good work!

Zen444

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby Zen444 » May 18th, 2005, 12:29 pm

WHAT!? HE GOT RID OF THAT LINE! Oh how I pun for it...

Critic, don't become proffesional. I mean being proffesional is fine, but I came here to laugh. I could get the same reviews at Gamespot if you were gonna become proffesional...

sega saturn x

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby sega saturn x » May 18th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Its still there

Crevalle

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby Crevalle » May 18th, 2005, 4:53 pm

[QUOTE=Zen444]WHAT!? HE GOT RID OF THAT LINE! Oh how I pun for it...

Critic, don't become proffesional. I mean being proffesional is fine, but I came here to laugh. I could get the same reviews at Gamespot if you were gonna become proffesional... [/QUOTE]

I agree--don't let journalism students ruin your reviews.  We come here for YOUR unadulterated reviews, not your reviews after being tweaked by someone else we don't care about.  Your site has character--please don't lose that, or you will become one of many generic review sites.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 18th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Guys,
I want to thank you all for keeping me in check, but I can assure you that the guys that are editing my reviews are not changing the content, just correcting spelling and grammar.  It's me that gets too serious sometimes.  Thanks for reminding me about what makes the site unique.  I will take your advice and "keep it real".  I will also re-instate the funny Star Wars line.
Dave

Funkmaster V

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby Funkmaster V » May 18th, 2005, 9:56 pm

I noticed you dropped the Rouge Squadron score for the Gamecube to a B-. Very strange. The first game was much better than Rebel Strike III, it was flawless besides it being so short. Oh well.

Cousin Vinnie

Crimefighter

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby Crimefighter » May 19th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Hey, you actually put the SAME review up word for word for Death Star Battle AND the Arcade game.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 19th, 2005, 5:26 pm

This problem is fixed.  Thanks

Atarifever1

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby Atarifever1 » May 19th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Man, I think I'm the only one I know who likes Bounty Hunter.  Maybe it's better on the Cube than the PS2.  It could also be that I was better at that game than I have ever been at any other game.  Seriously, I couldn't fire a shot without it killing something.

Orion1

Updated Star Wars Review

Postby Orion1 » May 22nd, 2005, 7:08 am

RS for gamecube was pretty bad,the controles didn't improve from the N64 version and were as outdated as the Resident Evil game was.

Too bad you don't play PC games because they still had the best star wars based games.x-wing vs tie fighter.

Return to “Video Games General”