Support the Wii U

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Support the Wii U

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 22nd, 2013, 7:53 pm

I haven't exactly been jumping up and down about my Wii U (mostly due to lack of games) but in light of Microsoft's recent announcement I would urge everyone to consider buying one.  

The Wii U supports the traditional business model, so if you want to preserve that you should support Nintendo.  The Wii U is a solid machine and very user friendly.

At the very least, if you were holding out for the Xbox One and now realize it's going to be DOA, you should feel pretty good about getting a Wii U.

Segatarious1

Support the Wii U

Postby Segatarious1 » May 22nd, 2013, 8:02 pm

I hope Nintendo really brings it software wise at this E3. That is all I have to say about that.

The WiiU is a nice machine, the off play is coonvienent and the multiplayer elements the pad adds are fun to have.

snakeboy1

Support the Wii U

Postby snakeboy1 » May 22nd, 2013, 9:09 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]I hope Nintendo really brings it software wise at this E3. That is all I have to say about that. 
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what they have in store for the second half of the year.  I kind of get the feeling that Nintendo was planning on releasing more games the first half of the year, but after the Wii U's slow start and the impending release of the PS4 and Xbox One, they decided to backload the second half. 

I haven't bought a Wii U yet, but if they give me something to get excited about at E3, I'll most likely have one before the end of the summer.

Rev1

Support the Wii U

Postby Rev1 » May 22nd, 2013, 10:47 pm

If Nintendo doesn't pull out some major releases during the later half of the year I don't think I can support the console (yet). They have dug themselves into a hole and if they don't dig themselves out with some real reasons to buy the console they could start this generation (once Xbox One and PS4 arrive) in a very bad position.

darkrage61

Support the Wii U

Postby darkrage61 » May 22nd, 2013, 11:57 pm

Meh, there's just not enough games on the U right now for it to be worth buying at this point IMO.  The One will likely have most of the games i'm interested in, i'll probably end up buying that a year after it's release when the price has gone down, and if the Wii U gets more quality titles that maybe i'll buy one, but for now i'm uninterested and don't really have the space or money to support another console anyways. 

Nintendo said they were scaling back their press conference at E3 this year, which does not bode well for them.  To me that shows that they don't have a lot of confidence in the system, they jumped the gun too quickly and probably should've waited another year before launching.

weallmissedme1

Support the Wii U

Postby weallmissedme1 » May 25th, 2013, 10:27 pm

I support it because it's user friendly and not constrictive like the Xbox One (should have been called Xbox DOA, Dead On their Asses, can't wait to see the failure). When Nintendo shows off the new games (*crosses fingers and starts chanting* "Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Mario Galaxy 3") I'm convinced they'll bring out enough to sell out during the Holiday.

a1

Support the Wii U

Postby a1 » May 26th, 2013, 2:51 pm

I know a lot of you are waiting for more games to come out on the Wii U, and I understand that. The library is slim. But if people don't start buying it then it won't have a chance to get more games.

If people but it then it raises the install base and more developers will support it. If no one buys it then Nintendo will have to kill it to appease the stockholders, and we may lose the last home console that has value for collectors.

I urge any collectors to buy it now if you can.

Orion1

Support the Wii U

Postby Orion1 » May 26th, 2013, 3:55 pm

A Mario Galaxy 3 game would make me buy the WiiU, but for now I'm going to hold out for a price cut.  I still think naming it the WiiU was a stupid move (sounds like an add-on), and now Microsoft has made the same error.  

Weekend_Warrior1

Support the Wii U

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » May 26th, 2013, 4:09 pm

What was so wrong about Sony's announcement of the PS4?

a1

Support the Wii U

Postby a1 » May 26th, 2013, 5:07 pm

[QUOTE=Orion]A Mario Galaxy 3 game would make me buy the WiiU, but for now I'm going to hold out for a price cut.  I still think naming it the WiiU was a stupid move (sounds like an add-on), and now Microsoft has made the same error.  [/QUOTE]

Yes, I really wish that one of the companies would hire Sega's old marketing team for console naming. Like the systems or not (you should like them), the Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast were fun, cool names. The coolest name we've had since those came out is a tie between Xbox and Gamecube. Two systems that were just named after what they look like. Have phone companies used up all the cool names or something?

Xbox 360 is just an arbitrary number thrown on to the end of the original console ("So you've done a full 360 and are releasing the same system again? I don't understand"), and Xbox One is an even stupider arbitrary number thrown onto the end ("So this time I'm sure that you're just releasing the original Xbox again"). Playstation is a boring name, but at least they stopped trying and just incremented the numbers so we know what the hell we're getting. I think enough has been said about how bad the name Wii is, and I can't believe Nintendo decided that the best thing to do would be to make it stupider. The next Nintendo console will just be a string of pronouns spelled stupidly - The Nintendo Wii U Hii (pronounced He) Shii (pronounced she) Mii (nevermind those already exist *sigh*) Iit (pronounced eat for some reason) Shklii (gender neutral). 

Mark my words, in 5 years, the Nintendo Wii U Hii Shii Iit Shklii will be released.

Return to “Video Games General”