8/15/2006: Sega CD: Eternal Champions: Challenge From The Dark Side, Power Factory Featuring C&C Music Factory

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

8/15/2006: Sega CD: Eternal Champions: Challenge From The Dark Side, Power Factory Featuring C&C Music Factory

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 15th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Well, everybody wanted to see the Sega CD Eternal Champions review, so here it is!

Cafeman1

Postby Cafeman1 » August 15th, 2006, 6:02 pm

You hit the nail on the head. It isn't as good in play as Street Fighter, but it still in its own way is a lot of fun, just packed with extra goodies. It's challenging too -- who remembers fighting the 4 Eternal Champion forms?  I'm a Trident man, m'self.  Great sci-fi story IMHO.

Kroozer

Postby Kroozer » August 15th, 2006, 10:54 pm

There was only one hot chick in C&C Music factory.  That other dancer with the long ponytail was a dude (Freedom Williams).  I hope wou weren't trying to check him out.

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » August 16th, 2006, 12:44 am

look at you critic, doing that review for us...thanks a bunch I'm glad to hear about eternal champions cd I gotta get a sega cd just for that game....infact i will.  What others do you recommend? weel i guess i can see you reviews.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 16th, 2006, 5:49 am

But, Critic, what do you think of the Odyssey2 version of C&C MUSIC FACTORY!? ..great reviews, I'd like to add that the Sega Cd would've been a far greater success if they had concentrated more on making games like EC:COTDS , games with more animation and music and loads of extras (Sonic:CD is another example) , instead of wasting our time with stuff like music factory and full-motion video....let this be a lesson of "just because you CAN (sorta!) doesn't mean you SHOULD! ...Sega Cd Biohazzard Battle, SSF2, Ristar and Gunstar heroes would have kept this baby on the shelf WAY longer!

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » August 16th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Personally I've always thought they should have made a Sega CD version of BioMetal (a SNES game) just so that I could listen to the 2 Unlimited soundtrack in CD quality. That's just me, though.

McTom

Postby McTom » August 16th, 2006, 4:17 pm

on the C&C Music Factory Review (never even heard of that 'game'!):

I liked that you remarked that "MTV - (that's right kids - they used to play music on that channel)". I was afraid I was the only one left who was annoyed by the endless **** you can watch on MTV instead of music...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 16th, 2006, 4:41 pm

[QUOTE=Kroozer]

There was only one hot chick in C&C Music factory.  That other dancer with the long ponytail was a dude (Freedom Williams).  I hope wou weren't trying to check him out.

[/QUOTE]

Unless he was wearing a short black skirt, then no, I wasn't checking him out.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 16th, 2006, 4:44 pm

[QUOTE=McTom]on the C&C Music Factory Review (never even heard of that 'game'!):

I liked that you remarked that "MTV - (that's right kids - they used to play music on that channel)". I was afraid I was the only one left who was annoyed by the endless **** you can watch on MTV instead of music... [/QUOTE]

Yeah I used to always keep MTV on - if only as background music.  Now they play the lowest-denominator, braindead garbage you could imagine.  Whoever was/is running MTV totally dismantled what was once a great network.  Even their digital channels aren't any good because they each play to a very narrow audience. 

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 17th, 2006, 6:57 am

I enjoy VH1-I think they have taken over where MTV left off. Back when MTV was "videos" , VH1 was strictly "POP" but now they play all kinds of music, Rap, Hip-Hop, Heavy Metal.... anything but a little bit country (they have TCC for that if you are that hard up for music!-sorry but I grew up with sick sad country and western playing in my ear and IAMSICKOFIT! "Oh Ahm cryin' in my beer, hear the boo-hoo over here, oh yeah, dats me u see!"-kill
me quick!) I think country and disco should be saved for the when torture is REALLY necessary anyway....

Return to “Review Feedback”