8/18/2006: Game Boy: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Sonic Pinball Party, Star Wars: The New Droid Army

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

8/18/2006: Game Boy: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Sonic Pinball Party, Star Wars: The New Droid Army

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 18th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Let's hear what you have to say about my latest reviews!

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » August 18th, 2006, 6:38 pm

I've never played any of the mentioned games, but it's great to see some GBA reviews. You haven't reviewed anything for that handheld in a while.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » August 18th, 2006, 6:45 pm

I want to pick up Pirates of the Caribean. Is it a long game? Nice reviews, keep up the good work.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 18th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Just because I know you hate the bias of mainstream reviewers:

Gamespot on Pirates of the caribbean:
[QUOTE]Intriguing nautical elements aren't enough to distract from a criminally short running time and rote 2D platforming elements.[/QUOTE]

Shawn

Postby Shawn » August 18th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Perfect! I'll be picking it up this weekend. I hate games that run past 8 hours or so.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 18th, 2006, 10:50 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]Just because I know you hate the bias of mainstream reviewers:

Gamespot on Pirates of the caribbean:
[QUOTE]Intriguing nautical elements aren't enough to distract from a criminally short running time and rote 2D platforming elements.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't make me angry, Mr. McGee - you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

McTom

Postby McTom » August 19th, 2006, 3:46 am

Since you rated Sonic Pinball Party D+, and Mario Pinball A-, Sonic Pinball (which I never played) must be freakin' awful! I mean, though I like pinball games, I detested Mario Pinball. In my opinion it is one of the most boring games ever. So, I guess I never check out Sonic Pinball, oh great Game Master...

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 19th, 2006, 6:28 am

Critic, are you sure you are not biased just because you love pirates?...um , why are your eyes glazing over and your skin
turning green, Dave?

I don't know why you bothered with Sonic Pinball; the only good character pin game I've ever played is METROID PRIME PINBALL on DS...that is one game every DS owner should own! Besides that, I prefer my pinball games "generic", I think coming up with their own ideas like on True Pinball and the Real Pin series (on Saturn and Psone) made the developers tie things together better. Video Characters like pac-man can often ruin a developers imagination as they MUST have certain elements-...with PRIME you have an exception as the game has as many action elements (shooting, jumping..) as pin elements! (I do like REAL non-vid pin games like the STAR TREK and STAR WARS pins).

VG-Robot

Postby VG-Robot » August 19th, 2006, 6:08 pm

The reason Sonic Pinball Party was impossible to find, was due to it being a 'Target exclusive'. Basically, it was only sold in Target stores. (Kind of like how Sneakers was exclusive to Toys 'R Us. Good Riddance.)

a1

Postby a1 » August 19th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Am I the only person in the world who likes Sonic Spinball? (not pinball party, I'm going back a bit here)

Return to “Review Feedback”