Nintendo - NEW PRICING models - with Wii Sports and Wii Fit,

General and high profile video game topics.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » September 25th, 2013, 9:14 am

You're one to talk. You haven't really addressed Sudz's post, you just took a rhetorical easy way out.

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » September 25th, 2013, 11:36 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Josh]That's what you get for thinking.[/QUOTE]

Step up to the plate please. Quote a specific example of what I said 'in the past' (with context to a specific game) and then compare it to what you THINK I am saying today. That's all I ask.

Look, I put my money where my mouth is, but no one wants to take that up. Isn't that a surprise?

Some ppl just come on these boards to poor mouth and complain, but when you call them out, they vanish.[/QUOTE]

When I have time, I may go back through the YEARS of posts you've thrown out under various names where you go out of your way to praise Nintendo and slam all competitors for one thing, and turn around later when Nintendo follows suit.  The Critic himself has had to warn you for your garbage in the past.  For now, let's go with two specific examples:

1) Do you or do you not admit that the original Wii mote controller/bar was flawed and did not give 1:1 imitation of controller movements?  It was years ago when the Wii came out of course, but I absolutely remember you loudly exclaiming that anyone who had a problem with the inexact controls must be imagining things or just be horrible at the game in question - there was NO WAY it could be a problem with the Wii mote.  I brought this up when Nintendo released the newer, more accurate remote as proof that their original system was lacking and I think you still defended them.  If you wish to stick to your guns and continue claiming that the original Wiimote had no issues, then please explain why they came out with the Wiimote Plus?

2) Are you or are you not 'Steer', meaning did you used to post on this board under a different name from your current one and get banned for your constant one-sided comments and complaints?  If so, what exactly is your side of the story if not for your hypocritical and endlessly blind pro-Nintendo stance about everything and anything? 

I'm not disappearing and you know full well I'm not the only one sick of your skulking around and making excuses for Nintendo's mis-steps.  They're just a company, they do some things very well but they do some things very wrong.  You're more than welcome to 'claim' you find no issues with anything they do - but if you have to LIE to make your point then admit that maybe you don't have a point to make in the first place. 

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 25th, 2013, 6:23 pm

1. Nintendo is constantly improving their tech. The WiiU game pad is another step above and beyond motion plus, so what? The SNES controller had more buttons than the NES controller - was that an admission the NES control was 'flawed/broken'? Please. Please do not blame bad/lazy software on the original Wiimote. Look how good it worked on Excitetrucks, a launch title. And for the 'roll goal' game on Twilight Princess, pinpoint accuracy. Worked very well in Wii Sports Golf, extremely consistent, another launch title. Play Bit Trip Beat - PERFECT sensitivity and reaction...I could go on and on. Your comments are hyperbole.

2. I am just a person who posts my own opinions on things that interest me, I am ALWAYS on topic, and I ALWAYS source things I post here. I am a model poster. If someone 'calls me out', I am more thna happy to explain my post, which cause some to brand me as 'argumentative', but the fact is I have backed up and been consistent on EVERYTHING I have posted here, always. Many other posters frankly fall short of that. Take Josh for example - bad mouthed the Wii and Nintendo for years, and then 'ends up' with a Wii U at around launch because 'his kids bought it'. Maybe that is true. Maybe. Seems strange to me - if you hate something, why keep buying it? I would not do that....

Earlier you talked about Nintendo and 'microtransactions' like EA....well, where are they? Wii Fit is an extremely good value, the likes of which EA never provides on a new mainline product the size of Wii Fit. Wii Sports is not micortransactions, it is a series of digital games with enhance graphics and perhaps also controls and perhaps levels, we shall see. Is Mario 64 on the Wii VC a 'micortransaction' as well? No, it is not. You can decide what you want to buy digital, what you could buy digital or wait for a physical release, or whatever, I will do the same...

Maybe YOU should hold EA to the same standard you do Nintendo - you would never buy any of their games, if that was the case. They are the most screw job company out there. I have not bought an EA game since I think Boom Bloks, and quite frankly it was ver overrated and rough, and now the franchise is already dead. Big surprise...

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » September 25th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Yeah you can stop badmouthing others Steeratarious, certainly.

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » September 25th, 2013, 10:12 pm

I honestly think Steer is crazy. Or perhaps a narcissist. Makes for an entertaining read though. Btw, the Wiimote is terrible.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » September 26th, 2013, 4:59 am

I tried the Wiimore out at Gamestop a few times and I was rather unimpressed to say the least, Kinnect is definitely better.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 26th, 2013, 6:22 am

Well. sorry. There is a vast library of Wii games that use the original wiimote to great effect. That is a fact.

Now look at MS - they do not have the software yet to put their new Kinect 2.0 to good use....the launch is sparse, and impressions of their Rareware Wii Sports knock off are very poor. Wan't Ryse supposed to be a Kinect game as well - and now it is a QTE button pushing fest, apparently.

That is what I call failure - when you can only copy the successes of your competitors and still can not give people a compelling reason to buy an 'enhanced' version of the same product. Look at Dark Rages comment here, he comments in another thread about the 'potential' of Kinect...well, they have been pushing 'potential' on you for years, Dark Rage - when will you demand of them results?

If you want great motion control, please buy a Nintendo product, they have delivered the goods and innovated with software time and again - that is their track record. MS had the 'redeeming'  'second wave' of Kinect 1.0 software which washed ashore like so much discarded trash and now they have the dubious impending launch of Kinect 2.0, with very little way of software for it, and none of that working well, despite its enhanced resolution.

And you are forced to buy it, it makes for nice DRM, at least.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » September 26th, 2013, 11:36 am

You're pretty lost if you think the Wii Remote had innovated. Talk about delirium.

I had not played mine in forever- I can actually exercise with a 3DS, Vita or any other portable during routine walks!

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » September 26th, 2013, 12:07 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Well. sorry. There is a vast library of Wii games that use the original wiimote to great effect. That is a fact.
[/QUOTE]

So when someone else (really everyone else aside from you, Steer or whatever you're calling yourself in order to sneak back onto this board) has an issue with th Wiimote you dismiss it as 'hyperbole'.  When you find it to be awesome, it's a 'fact'.  Makes perfect sense.  I have to yet to play a single Wii game where I didn't find more precise control using a Classic controller over the Wiimote.  THAT is a fact.  It's wonderful that the Wiimote introduced gaming to grandparents, but that doesn't change the fact that it simply isn't going to give you the precision you'd get from a hard-wired controller.  It's not a Nintendo problem, it's a technology problem.

I just want to point out that you did NOT address the two, simple, yes/no questions that I addressed to you with anything more than excuses and obfuscation.  I'll go ahead and answer for you, since you clearly can't just answer for yourself:

1) Yes, the original Wiimote was an interesting concept but initially flawed in that it did not accurately mimic users movements. Your comparison to 'more buttons' on subsequent controllers for other systems is a straw man - the original buttons WORKED FINE, they didn't come out with new buttons that now work "every time you push them!" which would be a more accurate comparison to what Nintendo did with the Wiimote.  Please put down the Koolaid and just admit already that the original controllers required improvement due to inexact replication of motion.  Everyone else has, including Nintendo.  Why do you insist on having to double-down on being wrong?

2) Yes, you used to post as Steer and were banned for you constant misogynistic posts about all things NOT Nintendo and endless posts about how great Nintendo is, even on threads that had nothing to do with them.  You now resort to lying about your true identity in order to continue spewing your incredibly one-sided propaganda.

Return to “Video Games General”