Dragon's Crown

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
NewModelArmy1

Dragon's Crown

Postby NewModelArmy1 » September 27th, 2013, 8:00 pm

I want to pick this up. Any thoughts? It's either this or Diablo 3....What say you?

Ozzybear1

Dragon's Crown

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 28th, 2013, 10:27 pm

I have them both, and both are great , Dragons Crown is more like a Golden Axe game with a lot more
depth with leveling up and changing weapons and armor and things like that. Definetly worth the buy!
Diablo 3 is like a combination of Baldurs Gate dark alliance, and Gauntlet Dark legacy, definetly lots of
dungeons and looting and of course hacking and slashing, this ame is also Definetly worth the buy!
As for advice on which of the two to get, it just depends on the hack n slash experience you are looking
for!! A golden axe style, or dark alliance style. Either way , you cant lose with either one!

Ozzy

NewModelArmy1

Dragon's Crown

Postby NewModelArmy1 » September 29th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Ozzy thanks for the info and mini reviews. I went with Dragons Crown and it is awesome. One of the best games I have played in a while. Lots of addictive fighting action. It is amazing to me that such great games are coming out for the PS3 so many years after launch.

Ozzybear1

Dragon's Crown

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 29th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Your very welcome, Dragons crown is definetly a rocking game!! feel free to add
me on Ps3 if you like, its XGrimPeeperX,

Ozzy

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Dragon's Crown

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 5th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Is there a reason why I can't pause this game??  That's REALLY annoying.

I'm wondering if it's a side-effect of the on-line mode.  I've seen this before - since you can't pause on-line, it's easier to get rid of the pause in off-line mode as well.

darkrage61

Dragon's Crown

Postby darkrage61 » October 5th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Operation: Mindjack has the same thing, since it was designed with the online multiplayer in mind, there's no way to pause it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Dragon's Crown

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 5th, 2013, 5:49 pm

That's bogus but I'm seeing it more and more.

Sometimes when I complain about on-line modes, people say "well just don't play it".
But this is an example of how on-line modes are crippling off-line play as well.

By the way, I can barely tell what's going on in the single-player mode.  This game is a disappointment.

darkrage61

Dragon's Crown

Postby darkrage61 » October 5th, 2013, 6:40 pm

I definitely see where you're coming from there, at least with Mindjack it's easy enough to find a spot with no enemies so that the lack of a pause feature isn't such a huge deal, but i'd imagine that's a lot tougher with this game.

NewModelArmy1

Dragon's Crown

Postby NewModelArmy1 » October 5th, 2013, 7:27 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]That's bogus but I'm seeing it more and more.

Sometimes when I complain about on-line modes, people say "well just don't play it".
But this is an example of how on-line modes are crippling off-line play as well.

By the way, I can barely tell what's going on in the single-player mode.  This game is a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not the first time I have disagreed with you. While the action does get hectic, I think it is a fun game. Perhaps the best game in this genre ever.

Ozzybear1

Dragon's Crown

Postby Ozzybear1 » October 6th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Loved this game also! so am also in disagreement

Return to “Now Playing”