Wii U Relaunch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
darkrage61

Wii U Relaunch

Postby darkrage61 » October 8th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Well next year the Wii U does have Bayonetta 2, that's one of the big ones Nintendo is banking on.

Atarifever1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby Atarifever1 » October 8th, 2013, 1:13 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher]
It reminds me a lot of the Atari of the late 80s. 

[/QUOTE]
Not me.  They have had the best selling system in the world for the last 4 months or so, have a solid first party line of games, and are just coming off a generation where they had their most successful handheld and living room consoles in company history.  Hardly the 7800 and Lynx.  Also, there's no faux rap in the their commercials.  [smile]  One similarity might be that Atari was set to compete with Apple and Microsoft in the computer market, and Nintendo and Sega in the console one shortly after the time period you're referencing.    You could argue Nintendo is doing that now, competing with iPhones, tablets, and the PS4 and XBone.  However, I'd argue that better describes Microsoft's position right now, who are fighting Nintendo and Sony in the console market and Google and Apple directly in the computer, phone, and tablet one.   

ActRaiser1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 8th, 2013, 1:38 pm

[QUOTE=Sut]Wii 2 - would have been better! Ideally a 'big six' with 3 of their established IP's and 3 NEW IP's ideally in genres they are competing with on the PS4/XBone but differentiate them with the tablet. Also I think they should focus on the gamer market, the casual market that boosted the original Wii has moved onto tablets, not the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Wii 2 is definitely better name than Super Wii.  [smile]

And I definitely like the idea of 3 NEW IPs.  I'm kind of surprised Nintendo didn't offer Ubisoft to make Watch Dogs an exclusive on the Wii U for this fall.  

Speaking of names, Nintendo's code words for consoles were always way better than the actual names.  Remember Dolphin and Revolution?  Way better than Gamecube and Wii.  Does anyone know what the Wii U code name was?  I found an old forum post saying it was Project Cafe.  Even that sounds terrible so I'm not sure that was it.

Naming the Wii U Revolution would be way cooler than Wii U.  Just sayin'

nesfan1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby nesfan1 » October 8th, 2013, 1:54 pm

My only gripe with the Wii U is that it has region locking. There was a petition going around a while ago that asked Nintendo to patch the Wii U and 3DS to allow for multi-region games and I signed it. I don't know what happened with it after that but I think Nintendo may not be budging on the issue. If they relaunched the Wii U, I'd say that they should keep that in consideration given that Sony and Microsoft aren't region-locking their consoles.

ActRaiser1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 8th, 2013, 3:02 pm

[QUOTE=NewModelArmy]I would add a price drop! Plus for the love of God produce one EShop....not one for Wii, another for 3ds and so on. If u buy a game on the Wii u it should work on the 3ds. And clean up the EShop...it's a disaster to navigate. Finally, new exciting IP's, I am sick of the same old, same old from Nintendo. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely agree.  And I think providing the ability to play 3DS or DS games on the Wii U should be an option.  It's really weird that they don't support it.  

As for the new games, definitely agree.  I've been having fun with the Wonderful 101.  It's quirky and fun.  Good times.

NewModelArmy1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby NewModelArmy1 » October 8th, 2013, 7:33 pm

The $50 price drop isn't enough. This machine needs to be around $200 . I have seen the link bundle everywhere. Why in the world would Nintendo have a pack in game that is over ten years old? A game from two consoles ago. You would think that they would give people a reason to buy the system based on a pack in game that highlights the tablet use. I guess that was supposed to be Nintendoland but that didn't work. Heck even Nintendo cannot figure out how to make this thing look innovative. The fall line up looks like more of the same.

Astrosmasher1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 8th, 2013, 9:50 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Reminds someone of Atari? OK, lets play even stephens, I will list Nintendo's 2013 year, someone find Ataris 'late 80's' year, and lets see how they match up....

[/QUOTE]
Hey dude I was talking about the Jag being similar to wii u.  Great console that no one supported.  So why put in the stuff about the 3ds... is that being relaunched...?  I thought it was doing well.    If you have put it in to bolster your position I would remind you of the topic header and say "Everyone else: Am I misreading all of Steer's posts in this thread, or is he actually not adding anything to the conversation on purpose?  "

NewModelArmy1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby NewModelArmy1 » October 8th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Pretty weak line up if you ask me. Just more of the same. Pickmin and Wonderful 100 are definitely interesting but the rest are just meh in my humble opinion. Lets face it, if the WiiU had more compelling software it would be selling more units.

Return to “Modern Gaming”