Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (3DS)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 11th, 2013, 7:28 pm

One thing I don't like about the 3DS game is how once you start charging up, you can't change your aim.  In the GameCube game you could, although the controls were a little weird.

GamersTavern1

Postby GamersTavern1 » October 12th, 2013, 3:10 am

I found the game pretty enjoyable, for the most part. The only issue I had with it is that the mission based structure felt a little out of place.

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » October 13th, 2013, 5:22 am

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]What annoys me is how I sit down to play a quick mission before bed, and it takes an hour to get through!  (there's no saving until you finish a mission).[/QUOTE]

That's what I said. That lack of save points (and some tedious bosses) made this a B- instead of an A+ title for me. Nonetheless, I found it a good game, that I enjoyed. I hadn't any problems with the controls.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » October 13th, 2013, 11:35 am

Damn, I hate playing a game that I won't finish for a good, long while, but Pokemon X/Y just came out and I'd much rather play that... From my experience with this game (made it to the 4th mansion) I would have to give it a B-. Already mentioned it several times (just like everyone else) but the lack of a quick save feature really hurt this game in the end. I honestly had no problems with the controls once I got used to it, I enjoyed them far more then the NGC game. I also didn't like the mission based theme of the game (although I don't hold it against the game). For a game like this, I think breaking up each of the missions with save locations (like Toad in the previous game) would have been preferable. They could have then broke up each of the mansions like they did in this game. Still, it was quite a fun game (even though I won't probably finish for a good while now). The mission based design did have one perk- the addition to ratings on each mission. If you are anal about these kind of things it can make going for the high score quite a bit of fun.

B-

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » October 26th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Just got this game today for my 20th birthday, and I must say it's better than the original (which I'm a huge fan of) so far. Love the controls, graphics, 3D effect, and secrets.

Question: I'm stuck at the part of the first mansion where you fight a Boo. How do I beat him?

Return to “Now Playing”