2013/10/20: Nintendo 3DS: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 20th, 2013, 1:01 pm

I wanted to get out this review early enough so people can pick this up for Halloween.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » October 20th, 2013, 2:08 pm

I really gave enjoyed the game but I think I would have given the game a B- (I still haven't finished it since I threw it aside for X/Y). I'm glad you mentioned the save feature in the review because I felt like that was probably the biggest problem with the game. Still, I did have fun with the game but sometimes I felt like catching ghosts was more exhausting then fun. Good review though. You covered the big points on this one.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » October 21st, 2013, 9:39 am

This game looks so good.  I was actually holding it in my hand in Gamestop this weekend, but decided to go with Fire Emblem Awakening instead.  It's a shame my gaming time is so limited and my backlog is so massive, because I really want to play this.  If I can clear a few more games out of the backlog over the next couple of weeks, I think this will be the next game I buy.  Maybe in time for Thanksgiving or something.  

Wanted to play it before Halloween, but I've still gotta finish up the last couple hours of Bioshock and then play all the way through Sweet Home, Clock Tower, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.  You ever get the feeling that you wish you were a kid again with unlimited free time??  Yeah.  I feel that way a lot.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 21st, 2013, 10:54 am

[QUOTE=JWK] You ever get the feeling that you wish you were a kid again with unlimited free time??  Yeah.  I feel that way a lot.[/QUOTE]

This, all the freaking time!  I can't wait until I get to retire as that's pretty much what I'm going to do.  Play videogames, read comic books, putz in the garage tinkering with stuff, and cooking.

Hmm, I think I want a stay at home vacation to do nothing but play.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » October 21st, 2013, 11:15 am

I bought this game, and figure the Critic has underrated it. Those who do not have the original, or are just buying a Wii U, buy this one first. The levels are short, fast and hard. Its more like Mario 3 than any Mario game that has come since that one. I have just recently got it, and just beaten the first two castles, and the level design in the castles is top notch. Less is more.

I hated Luigi in SMB2 NES, and this is not that extreme. He jumps higher, longer, floatier and slides, but you are moving faster so the sliding is not a huge change.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » October 21st, 2013, 11:23 am

[QUOTE=JWK]This game looks so good.  I was actually holding it in my hand in Gamestop this weekend, but decided to go with Fire Emblem Awakening instead.  It's a shame my gaming time is so limited and my backlog is so massive, because I really want to play this.  If I can clear a few more games out of the backlog over the next couple of weeks, I think this will be the next game I buy.  Maybe in time for Thanksgiving or something.  .[/QUOTE]

If you own a Wii U and think that this would be a great game to play on the big screen, holding off a bit might pay off. Rumors are swirling of a console port and several retailers have put up Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Wii U product pages in recent days.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » October 21st, 2013, 11:43 am

@ActRaiser - A video game staycation?  Sounds exactly like what I need.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » November 1st, 2013, 5:09 pm

Got this game for my birthday last Saturday, and I love it. I also think it's better than the original, in that the controls are better, I love capturing ghosts simultaneously, the puzzles are clever and make you think, and that is really well suited for autumn and bedtime gaming. Like everyone else, the save feature gets on my nerves, but it's not a show stopper.

The 3D effect is nice as well, the music is solid, and I enjoy exploring everything with new weapons. Best of all, it's extremely fun and addicting. Terrific game.

Return to “Review Feedback”