Decided to sell my PS4 pre-order and buy a Wii U.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » November 6th, 2013, 2:36 pm

I bought my PS4 preorder the day after E3 as I was convinced that it was the only choice for the next generation. Well since then Xbox has withdrawn its DRM policy and I have also got to see the launch titles for the PS4.  Honestly there is no games in the lineup that blow my hair back. PS4 is going to be an amazing machine but I decided to sell my PS4 pre-order for small profit and buy a Wii U with a collection of its best games.

I am going to have a wait and see approach as to what console I'll get next between PS4 and Xbox one.

Most importantly what are the must have titles for Wii U.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » November 6th, 2013, 3:33 pm

So far, in no particular order, Monster Hunter, Zombi U, New Mario and New Luigi U. 

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » November 6th, 2013, 4:41 pm

[QUOTE=Oltobaz]So far, in no particular order, Monster Hunter, Zombi U, New Mario and New Luigi U. [/QUOTE]

Zombie U is exceptional.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » November 6th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Good decision

In order of bestness :

1. The New 3D Mario (presumably)
2. Luigi U
3. Pikmin 3
4. Nintendoland
5. Get the Wii Fit 30 day trial
6. Strongly consider Wii Sports
7. get The Cave on eshop
8. Lego City if you like Lego games

Well, that should keep you busy!

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » November 6th, 2013, 7:38 pm

I read that the WiiU is going to sell for $200 over the holidays, or at least Black Friday. If that is true I am going to grab one. Lets face it, 3rd party support stinks but Nintendo still makes quality games. Grabbing that and a PS4. Happy gaming!

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » November 6th, 2013, 10:47 pm

So how much did you get for the PS4 pre-order?

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » November 7th, 2013, 2:42 am

I think this might be how Nintendo get through this generation as gamers second console, there looks to be little reason to own a PS4 & a XBone but a PS4 or XBone and a Wii U ? Yeah plenty of difference you can get your big franchise blockbuster games and your classic Nintendo gaming.

Think about it if the Wii U price drops you could have a PS4 and a Wii U for the same price as the PS3 was at launch.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 7th, 2013, 7:34 pm

None so far but next year is looking really good.  Oh I love RPG's and this looks great..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_%282014_video_game%29

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » November 8th, 2013, 12:27 am

[QUOTE=Tron]So how much did you get for the PS4 pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Sold it locally on Craigslist for $550.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 8th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Here's what I've played the most of on my Wii U and recommend without hesitation.

• Sega All Star Racing Transformed
  • Earthbound (downloaded)
  • Super Metroid (downloaded)
  • Wonderful 101

I've got the following but can't say I'd recommend them unless you can get them on sale:
Try
  • Black Ops 2 - it was really fun to have a FPS where you can do the multiplayer solely on the gamepad in addition to the big screen.  

Pass

• New Super Mario Bros U - It's Mario - I can't figure out why I'm not that impressed with it.  If you get it as part of the console, great, if not wait on it.
  • Disney Infinity - I got this for $60 more as a novelty than anything else.  It's interesting and you can play on the gamepad.  It comes with 3 campaign like scenarios but it's something most people can skip unless you're a huge Disney fan.
  • Lego Cities Undercover - The load times make me want to hook up my TurboDuo for faster loads.  I know the reviews all say beware long load times but these are killing me.  Plus, I haven't been able to figure out how to play solely on the game pad.  Likewise, the grinding for crap to open up other parts of the map are annoying.  I'm only maybe an hour into it but am already thinking of trying another game.
  • Nintendoland - Skip on this if it doesn't come with your console.  Half the games require the regular Wii controller which you may or may not finding annoying (I did) and the games weren't all that impressive.

Notes: Any game that supports full gaming on the gamepad should be considered.  Also, consider some of the classic games upscaled to fit your HDTV with a sleep state.  It was awesome to play Super Metroid on a 50" TV. I had no idea it looked so good.  Plus, you can save anywhere and pick up immediately thereafter.

These are just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt.  Good luck!

Return to “Modern Gaming”