Decided to sell my PS4 pre-order and buy a Wii U.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » November 8th, 2013, 8:07 pm

So Actraiser is the WiiU worth it? Is it a must buy or does one wait on it? I am on the fence.....

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 9th, 2013, 9:42 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Good decision

In order of bestness :

1. The New 3D Mario (presumably)
2. Luigi U
3. Pikmin 3
4. Nintendoland
5. Get the Wii Fit 30 day trial
6. Strongly consider Wii Sports
7. get The Cave on eshop
8. Lego City if you like Lego games

Well, that should keep you busy![/QUOTE]

2 of those titles might be worth having in my estimation.  Luigi U and Pikmin 3.  Do not know about the Cave.
I think Zombie U is probably worth playing also. 

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 9th, 2013, 2:27 pm

[QUOTE=NewModelArmy]So Actraiser is the WiiU worth it? Is it a must buy or does one wait on it? I am on the fence.....[/QUOTE]

For me the best feature is to play on the game pad when the wife wants to watch a show and I still want to be in the same room continuing the same game.  The biggest selling point to me at least is the family aspect of the console.

The PS4 in theory will do that with the Vita, as well.  So, if you're more of a Sony guy you might find that more attractive.  If you're not a Mario fan, I'd suggest waiting a bit for a larger game selection.  Next year should provide a better selection of games.

Having said that if you can snag one at $200 on Black Friday then by all means get it.  At $300 it's a hard sell.  I don't regret my purchase at all but the longer you can hold out the more game selection you'll get at a better price.  As a result, I don't think you'll be missing anything by waiting.

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » November 9th, 2013, 4:06 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher][QUOTE=Segatarious]Good decision

In order of bestness :

1. The New 3D Mario (presumably)
2. Luigi U
3. Pikmin 3
4. Nintendoland
5. Get the Wii Fit 30 day trial
6. Strongly consider Wii Sports
7. get The Cave on eshop
8. Lego City if you like Lego games

Well, that should keep you busy![/QUOTE]

2 of those titles might be worth having in my estimation.  Luigi U and Pikmin 3.  Do not know about the Cave.
I think Zombie U is probably worth playing also. [/QUOTE]

Wow that is a really weak line up. Thanks for pointing that out and putting things into perspective. I played 3d Mario last year on the 3ds so I am in no rush for that. I will wait hopefully they will have some more games soon.

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » November 9th, 2013, 4:11 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser][QUOTE=NewModelArmy]So Actraiser is the WiiU worth it? Is it a must buy or does one wait on it? I am on the fence.....[/QUOTE]

For me the best feature is to play on the game pad when the wife wants to watch a show and I still want to be in the same room continuing the same game.  The biggest selling point to me at least is the family aspect of the console.

The PS4 in theory will do that with the Vita, as well.  So, if you're more of a Sony guy you might find that more attractive.  If you're not a Mario fan, I'd suggest waiting a bit for a larger game selection.  Next year should provide a better selection of games.

Having said that if you can snag one at $200 on Black Friday then by all means get it.  At $300 it's a hard sell.  I don't regret my purchase at all but the longer you can hold out the more game selection you'll get at a better price.  As a result, I don't think you'll be missing anything by waiting.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think the $200 price tag is just speculation. I haven't seen anything o suggest otherwise

starblazers1

Postby starblazers1 » November 9th, 2013, 10:42 pm

[QUOTE=NewModelArmy][QUOTE=ActRaiser][QUOTE=NewModelArmy]So Actraiser is the WiiU worth it? Is it a must buy or does one wait on it? I am on the fence.....[/QUOTE]

Having said that if you can snag one at $200 on Black Friday then by all means get it.  At $300 it's a hard sell.  I don't regret my purchase at all but the longer you can hold out the more game selection you'll get at a better price.  As a result, I don't think you'll be missing anything by waiting.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I think the $200 price tag is just speculation. I haven't seen anything o suggest otherwise [/QUOTE]

Will the WiiU have the controller included for $200?

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » November 10th, 2013, 6:12 am

[QUOTE=NewModelArmy]Thanks. I think the $200 price tag is just speculation. I haven't seen anything o suggest otherwise [/QUOTE]
WalMart has them on here for $289 already (and that's the Zelda and Mario U/Luigi U bundles).  We don't even really have Black Friday here, but that still may not be the final sale price, as that is just the pre-Christmas sale, sale price.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't a slightly lower sale price to come.

The longer I hold off on this system the better it gets.  I mean, right now $289 gets me the deluxe console, Mario U, and Luigi U, when just last year for $10 MORE I could have gotten the basic set with nothing.  And the library for Wii U now is 10 times as appealing as last year.  I know every system improves in value over time, but the Wii U is doing this at an incredible rate.  

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » November 10th, 2013, 11:20 am

Here is the article on the $200 Wii u

http://www.i4u.com/2013/10/56450/nintendo-wii-u-will-sell-200-during-black-friday-2013

Also read that buy.com has the new bundle for $265

Return to “Modern Gaming”