8/27/2006: Xbox: King of Fighters Neo Wave, SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, Samurai Shodown V

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

8/27/2006: Xbox: King of Fighters Neo Wave, SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, Samurai Shodown V

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 27th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Let me know what you think about this latest set of 2D fighter reviews.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » August 27th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Quote from Dave: "Chun Li is a long-time Capcom favorite, but this game uses her Street Fighter 3 incarnation with those grotesque fat thighs."

I always thought her thighs were muscular, and they just increased that. I actually liked the look.

At any rate, its very interesting to google "Chun-Li" in a image search and review her fan art. She's a character that has some wildly different interpretations. On one end, you have the hyper-sexualized, huge breasted (to the point of absurdity) version of Chun-Li and on the other you have the grossly muscular version, where she looks like one of those ugly female body builders you see on magazines.

In my opinion, anyway, the essence of that character really ought to embrace a more balanced approach.

Oh, and Mai is definitely a major, major babe in every game she appears in. But notice how many of the characters in SNK Vs. Capcom taunt her for being "fat?"

Oh yeah, the reviews (-: Spot on with SNK v. Capcom. An average fighter. I'll have to check out KOF.

-Rob

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 27th, 2006, 7:09 pm

[QUOTE]Oh, and Mai is definitely a major, major babe in every game she appears in. [/QUOTE]

Guess you never played the first couple fatul furys she looks pretty lousy in those.  And I like chun li's look.  Something that always bothered me about a lot of female fighters in games are they look like tooth picks are were supposed to believe they could take down Sagat or Rugal?  Please.  Chaos was a HUGE let down, the fighters lacked balance in my opinion.  And that game had some fo the cheapest A.I seen in a modern game.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » August 27th, 2006, 8:12 pm

i liked svc chaos, the graphics are only drab due to the game being a direct port of the neo geo game... and for neo geo games, svc chaos and ssv are as good as it got. (neowave was done on snks new arcade hardware). i thought the style and flash were kept to a minimum, and offer a nice contrast to capcom vs snk.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 27th, 2006, 9:59 pm

[QUOTE] drab due to the game being a direct port of the neo geo game... and for neo geo games, svc chaos and ssv are as good as it got[/QUOTE]Mark of the wolf says hi.

McTom

Postby McTom » August 28th, 2006, 4:25 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Let me know what you think about this latest set of 2D fighter reviews. [/QUOTE]

Are you never getting tired of the immense bunch of 2D fighters out there? Though I like those types of games too (even better than 3D fighters), I already got tired of them in the 16-bit days which seemed to have a proliferation of 2D fighters in the track of Street Fighter 2 & Mortal Kombat.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 28th, 2006, 10:04 am

[QUOTE] which seemed to have a proliferation of 2D fighters in the track of Street Fighter 2 & Mortal Kombat. [/QUOTE]

Nah, titles that have far and away surpassed those have come out.  And fairly recently at that, plus mortal kombat always sucked.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 28th, 2006, 8:45 pm

I am a number one Chun-Li fan. I always thought she looked PERFECT in the original SF2; not too muscle-bound, not too skinny (I have never, ever liked super thin women. How can they-er- make love without snapping like toothpicks or suffocating!? Plus they look like hell, like a skeleton from castlevania-ooo, sexy!)- Plus chun li had those cute animations and she was "wholesome", unlike CAMMY with her cheesecake pose! My kind of girl (I've been alone too long haven't I? -not to worry I've always been nutty).

Oh, and I agree Mortal Kombat was a pretty bad game. Nothing more than a cross between STREET FIGHTER and SPLATERHOUSE, playing off the dark blood n guts n gore. Pass!

Samurai Showdown is my second fave fighter. The XB looks pretty darn close to the NEO!

Return to “Review Feedback”