Everyone Hates NBA Live 14

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » November 20th, 2013, 1:29 pm

As a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers, nothing is more satisfying than seeing Kyrie Irving on the cover of NBA Live 14. 

Wait, it's a bad game? OF COURSE A CLEVELAND SPORTS ATHLETE WOULD BE ON THE COVER OF A BAD GAME, OF COURSE.

Anyways, Twitter has been blazing about how awful NBA Live 14 on the PS4 is compared to the 2K14 version. Especially in the graphics department. 2K14 is freaking mind blowing, probably the best looking next gen game right now. The animations, expressions, the interviews, all very realistic. Doris Burke even looks like a crazy cat lady!

NBA Live 14 on the other hand looks terrible. Some have even said it looks worse than a Dreamcast game (no offense to Dreamcast owners). Don't believe me? Take a look here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8OBiMMo7Ao

Yeah.........at this point I'm not even surprised from what EA's putting out. They had FOUR YEARS to make this game, and as usual, ripped people off. Just stop. 

Your thoughts?

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » November 20th, 2013, 1:45 pm

A PS4 game that looks worse then a Dreamcast game?  Now that's embarassing[rofl]

I wonder if the Xbox One version looks or plays any better then the PS4 version?

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » November 20th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Finally, with NBA 2K14 we have a game that has brought to life those dull and pointless half-time interviews.  Awesome!

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » November 20th, 2013, 7:30 pm

NBA Live was the reason I bought my 360. Granted the Live series was total garbage last gen, but I loved Live on the PS1 & PS2. I figured Live was going to be great. I was deeply disappointed.

I just can't take to the 2k series. I've tried year-in and year out. Every year I think I'm sold on it & then about a month or so later I realize I don't like it.  2K feels too scripted. The animations seem more important than gameplay. Plus there are way too many moves to do with the analog stick. Sure I pull off amazing moves, but I'm not sure how I did them and I can't repeat them on demand. I think most 2k ballers like pretending that they're knowing what they're doing.

I've been watching a lot of NBA Live 14 youtube videos. Based on the videos I've seen it looks like a bad PS3 game. The graphics look like PS3 launch games to me. Since I have not played it I can't say for certain, but it looks pretty fluid to me. The animations run well together and the core gameplay may be very good. Its possible EA decided to focus entirely on getting the gameplay right while just using last gen graphics. So far I don't think it looks good enough for me to get a PS4 right now, but if I get a chance to play it for awhile and it plays like a Live game then maybe I'll get a PS4 and be willing to overlook the lousy graphics. I must be really desperate for a new Live game to write all that, lol.

Sorry you're a Cavs fan snakeboy. They totally blew their chance at a championship when they had Lebron. Awful management on their part. 

VIDEOGAMECRITIC!!!!!! Sorry for the bold, but I really want to get your attention on this. Please review this game.

Return to “Modern Gaming”