Christmas gifts

General and high profile video game topics.
darkrage61

Christmas gifts

Postby darkrage61 » December 26th, 2013, 8:28 pm

So what video game related gifts did you all get for Christmas this year? I got a Playstation Vita and plan on playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss soon.

ActRaiser1

Christmas gifts

Postby ActRaiser1 » December 26th, 2013, 10:44 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]So what video game related gifts did you all get for Christmas this year? I got a Playstation Vita and plan on playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss soon.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Does gifting myself a Vita count?

You may want to consider a good size memory card and then think about Playstation Plus.

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

C
urrently, you'll get 6 free Vita games (including Uncharted).  If you don't already have a PS3 you can still "download" the games for later using the online store.  (works for PS4 games as well)

I got a bunch of Star Wars Legos.  It's like I'm 14 (and I'm cool with that).  I also got a nice sized Best Buy gift card.  

Score!

darkrage61

Christmas gifts

Postby darkrage61 » December 26th, 2013, 11:07 pm

I was going to get a larger memory card, but I decided against it when I saw the price, 70 dollars just for a memory card seems a bit excessive(this was for the 32GB card on Amazon) so I settled for the least expensive 4GB card since I probably won't end up using that much space anyways. I will look into PsPlus though.

I might also get Black Ops Declassfieid if I can get it really cheap somewhere.

velcrozombie1

Christmas gifts

Postby velcrozombie1 » December 26th, 2013, 11:21 pm

While I didn't directly receive any gaming-related gifts this year,
I was given some money by my Dad to replace my ailing laptop,
which has been my only computer during the past 6 years. My
original plan was to purchase another laptop, but once I got the
money for it (about $650) I instead decided to further explore my
options. I came to the conclusion that I could maximize my investment
by building myself a computer, especially after Newegg.com put together
a combo pack of computer parts for $399. Even after adding warranties
on the various parts, a DVD drive, a used monitor and a copy of Windows 7
taken from a Dell computer, I still ended up spending less than $600. It's not
a state-of-the-art gaming machine, but it's powerful enough to play most
games on medium to high settings.

I'm really glad I took the plunge into building my own computer; not only did
I save money, I also gained a rudimentary understanding of how all the
parts go together and learned enough that I could both repair or upgrade it
myself in the future and also build another for a friend or family member if
requested to.

I also got a $100 gift card from the local mall, but since it works as an American
Express card I was able to use it on Amazon.com. In addition to an Mp3 player and
a 32gb thumb drive for school, I purchased both Metal Gear Rising: Revengence ($20)
and Otomedius Excellent ($7 new, a price I just couldn't turn down) for the 360. I still
have about $30 to play around with, so if I see another game at a bargain price I may
pull the trigger on it.

HardcoreSadism1

Christmas gifts

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » December 27th, 2013, 12:13 am

I got myself an HTC-Flyer for mostly emulation on the go, maybe draw simple sketches too because I like that feature with my handhelds, unlike certain other companies. *hint, freaking, hint*

nesfan1

Christmas gifts

Postby nesfan1 » December 27th, 2013, 2:45 am

I got the Wii U bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U. I got a copy of Nintendoland and ZombiU to go with it.
I also got some non gaming related stuff. I got a couple of CDs; Bruce Springsteen's Wrecking Ball and Tom Waits' Heartattack and Vine. I got Spirited Away on DVD and some money I plan to spend on some anime DVDs and maybe another Wii U game if I have enough left over.

The one slight pain in the butt here is that the Mario and Luigi compilation has a big scratch on the back and won't play. Figures. The game that doesn't work is the one game that I can't return by itself. It was the pack-in so I have to take the whole console back. Though, it could be worse. At least I haven't sunk a bunch of hours into the system yet, so I'm not losing anything by exchanging it. 

Atarifever1

Christmas gifts

Postby Atarifever1 » December 27th, 2013, 7:39 am

I got:
Wii:
Punch Out
Metroid Other M (going to give it another try)
Super Mario Galaxy
Wiimote charger from some third party company
Wireless headphones for gaming

3DS:
Link Between Worlds

Going to use some money to get a circle pad pro for the 3DS (I have Kid Icarus and RE:Revelations that I think will play like new games if I get that) and some Wii shop money.  Got a trip to Vegas with my wife, and if I can time it right, I'll go to CGE, and if not I'll spend a day or two in the Pinball Hall of Fame instead.  [smile]

Non gaming, I got new snow pants, snow boots, and a Hamilton Ti-Cats toque.  

Astrosmasher1

Christmas gifts

Postby Astrosmasher1 » December 27th, 2013, 3:10 pm

I got Pacific Rim Blu Ray and Oblivion DVD.

I bought myself a point and click adventure game on steam called 1953 KGB Unleashed.  So far it is pretty good if a little slow.

Burk1

Christmas gifts

Postby Burk1 » December 28th, 2013, 9:54 am

This is stuff my kid got,but because he is not yet 5 and I play this stuff with him, I figured I'd represent. -Xbox 360 pro ex mini controller for his tiny hands.
-Disney Universe
-Lego Batman/Pure combo
-Marvel Super Hero Squad:Infinity Gauntlet
-Armored Core 4(thought he'd like a mech shooter,but this one SUCKS)

We were lucky to have power in our area after a major ice storm messed up most of mid michigan,so we have been playing all of them. Lego still makes the best games it seems,but Disney universe is sure pretty.

Verm1

Christmas gifts

Postby Verm1 » December 28th, 2013, 2:38 pm

I was given money to buy games with and I brought a bunch of various Xbox and PC games.

Return to “Video Games General”