Christmas gifts

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev1

Christmas gifts

Postby Rev1 » December 28th, 2013, 5:00 pm

I was given cash which I used to buy Turbografx/Pc Engine games. Grabbed quite a few up.

PSX1

Christmas gifts

Postby PSX1 » December 28th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Had my first Christmas with my current girlfriend of 9 months.. I had no clue what to expect, as I didn't ask for anything in particular, and mentioned nothing video game related.  I unwrapped my main gift, opened the box, and there it was-- a Colecovision with a nice set of games... (I almost proposed right there on the spot, before catching myself.)  She definitely has no interest in gaming or my collection, so I was blown away that she was thoughtful enough to pick that.  (Plus, no previous gf has ever thought of buying classic gaming stuff for me, because it's used and not "gifty" enough for Christmas.)  She said she was worried I already had one (most of my systems are in storage, so she has no clue the extent of it), but fortunately the Colecovision happened to be one of the few mainstream systems that I was missing.

weallmissedme1

Christmas gifts

Postby weallmissedme1 » December 28th, 2013, 9:47 pm

My gifts this year video game related.

Assassins Creed IV

Grand theft Auto Liberty City Stories  

Uncharted, Golden Abyss 

An Atari 5200 Joystick (that works)

and my favorite, a reproduction of bugs bunny on atari 2600!

Sudz1

Christmas gifts

Postby Sudz1 » December 29th, 2013, 9:05 am

[QUOTE=nesfan]
The one slight pain in the butt here is that the Mario and Luigi compilation has a big scratch on the back and won't play. Figures. The game that doesn't work is the one game that I can't return by itself. It was the pack-in so I have to take the whole console back. Though, it could be worse. At least I haven't sunk a bunch of hours into the system yet, so I'm not losing anything by exchanging it. [/QUOTE]

How in the world does a pack-in game come up scratched out of the box?  Where the heck is the quality control?  That really sucks, nothing worse than having to take back an entire console for a single scratched game.

Rev1

Christmas gifts

Postby Rev1 » December 29th, 2013, 11:30 am

[QUOTE=nesfan]
The one slight pain in the butt here is that the Mario and Luigi compilation has a big scratch on the back and won't play. Figures. The game that doesn't work is the one game that I can't return by itself. It was the pack-in so I have to take the whole console back. Though, it could be worse. At least I haven't sunk a bunch of hours into the system yet, so I'm not losing anything by exchanging it. [/QUOTE]

I wish I hadn't skimmed over this before because there is an easier solution. A lot of the time, in customer service, if part of a package (like Mario and Luigi in the Wii U bundle) is damaged they take that one part out of the package, put your defective item back in it and give you the good one. You shouldn't have to bring the whole console back because it really doesn't matter to the retailer. The disc isn't tied to the serial number of the console or anything so they will still get the full refund from the game company as long as they put the defective disc back in with whatever console they choose to replace with your Wii U Bundle. I've done this dozens of time throughout all the major retailers and we did this while I worked customer service at my previous job.

snakeboy1

Christmas gifts

Postby snakeboy1 » December 30th, 2013, 8:45 am

I got a 3DS XL and a SNES flash cart.

Tron1

Christmas gifts

Postby Tron1 » December 30th, 2013, 8:22 pm

1. Bubble Bobble (NES)

2. Cal Ripken Jr.'s Baseball (SNES)

3. Capcom Digital Collection (Xbox 360)

4. Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES)

5. Bust A Move (PS2)

6. Mass Effect (Xbox 360)

Not games, but super uber coolness

1. Captain Power Complete Series (DVD)

2. Buck Rogers Season 2 (DVD)

Blueguy1

Christmas gifts

Postby Blueguy1 » January 6th, 2014, 3:10 pm

I got 2 3DS games for Christmas this year: Pokemon X and Zelda Link Between Worlds, and yes both are very very addicting and fun.

Pokemon X is really impressive because it's in 3D this time (polygon 3D). Only disappointing part is that most of the game isn't played in 3D mode, and the only 3D occurs in the battle sequences (and it sucks anyways). Otherwise I love it.

The Zelda game plays exactly like Link to the Past, and the new walk on walls feature is very cool. It's a bit confusing to know where you're supposed to go sometimes, and buying necessary items from your house kind of defeats the purpose of earning weapons, but otherwise it's great fun. Love the new styled graphics too.

velcrozombie1

Christmas gifts

Postby velcrozombie1 » January 6th, 2014, 6:53 pm

These are the games I purchased with the last $30 on my gift card (all for PC):

- Binding of Isaac, The (with Wrath of the Lamb DLC)

- Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

- Dust: An Elysian Tail

- Guacamelee! Gold Edition

- Tomb Raider (2013)

darkrage61

Christmas gifts

Postby darkrage61 » January 6th, 2014, 7:15 pm

Forgot to mention I also got a Gamestop gift care that I still haven't used yet.

Return to “Video Games General”