How does your wife/significant other/mom deal with your video games?

General and high profile video game topics.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 26th, 2014, 6:31 am

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]. She also loves a game called Taz on the Atari 2600. (Unusual choice right?)

[/QUOTE]
I heard an interview on RGR this month with the guy who programmed that. If I understand it correctly, the nickname for the character actually comes from that game. He was Tazmanian Devil, but that wouldn't fit on the title screen. Thus, he became Taz and the name stuck (Warner being involved in the licensing and owning Atari at the time).

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » January 26th, 2014, 3:38 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=Wallyworld]. She also loves a game called Taz on the Atari 2600. (Unusual choice right?) [/QUOTE] I heard an interview on RGR this month with the guy who programmed that. If I understand it correctly, the nickname for the character actually comes from that game. He was Tazmanian Devil, but that wouldn't fit on the title screen. Thus, he became Taz and the name stuck (Warner being involved in the licensing and owning Atari at the time). [/QUOTE]

Cool story.. I'll let her know. She's going to love hearing that.

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » January 26th, 2014, 8:10 pm

My wife & I are very opposite. We have a very difficult time finding things to watch together. I like Star Trek. She likes reality housewives. The only gaming she's done is a one month stint of Candy Crush. She don't mind that I game now, but that's in part because I've severely cut back on my gaming time. When we were first dating she'd get jealous of my game time. Thank God I realized that as much as I love gaming I love her even more. At first I had to pull myself away from my games. At first I resented her for it. The more I spent time with her the more I realized that I not only enjoyed it, but that I felt better about myself as well. Love gaming, but love your wife even more.      

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » January 26th, 2014, 8:53 pm

Well said.

Curiously enough,my casual-gaming girlfriend has more time on her hands for gaming and often talks about Harvest Moon or something like that,whereas I haven't had the time to touch my 2DS much at all. And because the other housemates are always watching reality TV BS,I don't get to really use the Saturn much either.

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » January 26th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Tell you one thing, you sure do have more time for games when you don't have to go out chasing tail anymore. 

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 27th, 2014, 5:32 am

[QUOTE=Herschie]Tell you one thing, you sure do have more time for games when you don't have to go out chasing tail anymore. [/QUOTE]
Hahahahahahaha! Now that's a funny post.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » January 27th, 2014, 1:20 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=Herschie]Tell you one thing, you sure do have more time for games when you don't have to go out chasing tail anymore. [/QUOTE] Hahahahahahaha! Now that's a funny post. [/QUOTE]

Yeah more time and $$.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » January 27th, 2014, 2:03 pm

[QUOTE=Wallyworld][QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=Herschie]Tell you one thing, you sure do have more time for games when you don't have to go out chasing tail anymore. [/QUOTE] Hahahahahahaha! Now that's a funny post. [/QUOTE]

Yeah more time and $$.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you see the price tag on the elliptical machine???

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » January 27th, 2014, 4:14 pm

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]
Yeah more time and $$.[/QUOTE]

Haha, considering that a date with some floozy would be a walk on the beach or a riverwalk (Well, coffeeshop and then a movie on Netflix at this time of year), as opposed to having a wife who demands you take her to Rip-Off's House of Seafood every other weekend, you definitely are better off being single if money is the problem with video games. 

However, with the temperature struggling to stay in the black around Chicago, I can't say I miss the trudge to the bar from where I was forced to park (Usually about eight blocks away) to find that date. Inevitably, around 2:30 every Sunday morning, I'll have to pause my game of "MLB: The Show" because my buddy just messaged me on Facebook about how he failed miserably talking to women in Wrigleyville the past two nights. Bummer. 

So in conclusion, I love my wife, and I love how she accepts my game playing. I have to admit it is nice pausing my game of "Dead or Alive" when she brings me the culinary masterpiece that should have been a simple grilled cheese sandwich, while my friends are out dealing with some meat-head bouncer on an ego trip or some girl's drunk loser friend. And if she wants that elliptical, fine, not like there are any must-have games out, or that I don't already have a ton of games that can keep me occupied for days. You know, happy wife, happy life. 

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » January 27th, 2014, 4:39 pm

I slowly, yet surely made sure she'd accept the hobby and my extensive collection, to the point she'll play the odd game every so often. While not a 'gamer' herself, she''ll have the same reactions you'd have if I kicked your ass (and yes I would) at Street Fighter 2, or Punch Out vs mode on Wii, which she's quite fond of. I'm good. I'm the best one at what I do. It took me years of whatever I had to do to achieve my ultimate goal, yet I was eventually able to get a month ago or so a Sega New Astro City, that is to say, a multi purpose candy cab arcade machine. In an apartment, no less. It doesn't get much better than that, I'm actually getting another machine for my cellar (the New Astro is in the living room), and am currently making room for it. I haven't decided between a Sega New Net City, a Taito Vewlix and a couple more. They all have their pros and cons. My wife, she only has pros, lol.

Return to “Video Games General”