Return of the Typo Thread!

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 10th, 2014, 4:59 pm

[QUOTE=Den]The "compliment" in the new Arkham Asylum review should be "complement."  Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a nickel for every time I confused complement with compliment.
Thanks for the heads up.

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » March 10th, 2014, 10:54 pm

The March 8 VGC news entry says "I've upgraded by" when I think you meant "my".

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 11th, 2014, 9:34 pm

I caught up on the typos - thank you.

I searched my reviews for "compliment" and found about 42 cases where I misused it (should have been complement).  I think I used it correctly twice.  Ugh.  Oh well, it's fixed now.

Don't be shy about pointing out anything else you find!

DanZero1

Postby DanZero1 » March 19th, 2014, 12:09 am

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (TG-16) review, "pruchase" advice should be purchase.

rexpkott1

Postby rexpkott1 » March 24th, 2014, 4:30 am

In the Playstation 3 system review, "a fan kicks it when playing Blu-ray discs."

Also, I noticed that all of the other Playstations and Sony systems are listed in the top drop-down toolbar-kinda-thingy as Sony whatever, but the Playstation 4 is just "Playstation 4."  Not exactly a typo, but maybe worth looking into?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 25th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Thanks guys - I'm caught up now.

I changed the PS4 on the menu to "Sony Playstation 4" to be consistent with the others.

Also I shortened Coleco Colecovision to just "Colecovision" because I think that makes more sense.

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » March 28th, 2014, 8:20 am

In the Arcadia review for Robot Killer, 'You man runs' is intended to be 'Your man run'. 

Neat review there, by the way...the 'slow motion' issue was one I had trouble with when making my own Commodore 64 games in BASIC.  The games, when run in BASIC had to go through the BASIC interpreter, and things like enemy laser beams were molasses slow.  Like that original Star Trek episode where people could just step out of the way of the phaser beams.  

[st067] 

(...say what you want for classic Star Trek, but the wardrobe designer was A+)

By compiling the program first into assembly, the code ran much quicker.  Wonder if something like that was going on here.   I guess not, but why is the game so darn slow?  The system could handle a lot, given the Space Invaders clone, and Berzerk should be simpler still.   Seems like it was on is way to be a terrific Berzerk clone, and something happened.

txsizzler1

Postby txsizzler1 » March 28th, 2014, 10:01 am

It may seem like nitpicking, but...

In the Playstation 2 review of the Namco Museum, you incorrectly used the word disc... you spelled it "disk", like as in floppy disk.

Keep up the great reviews!

txsizzler1

Postby txsizzler1 » March 28th, 2014, 10:04 am

Addendum to the last post: you also used the word "disk" again in the very next review after the last one, this time in the Playstation 2 game Namco Museum 50th Anniversary. Perhaps this is something that should be looked into deeper.. maybe more incorrect usages of "disk" vs. "disc"?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 29th, 2014, 5:35 pm

I made the latest updates.  In the past I have used "disc" and "disk" pretty much interchangeably.  Can you guys educate me on their proper usage?

Return to “Review Feedback”