Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?

General and high profile video game topics.
gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » March 18th, 2014, 7:12 pm

I've been coming to this site for years, and recently I've been reading through some of the old forum threads. I've seen some long-time posters that no longer post any more, such as:

Alienblue
Mathematician
Zen
Anayo
Feilong
Funkmaster
BigOldCar
Sega Saturn X
Koopa Warrior
Bluemonkey
The Sentinel

Anyone have any info on what these folks are up to? And any other old-time posters who no longer post come to mind?

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » March 18th, 2014, 11:35 pm

I am still here, just used to go by my full name Paul Campbell before someone made me nervous about that so I changed it to the witty and clever "Paul123" on a whim. I'm still here! Where's the love?

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » March 19th, 2014, 12:48 am

Paul, buddy, I knew you changed your name to Paul 123. In fact, I remember the post you made stating that you changed your name to Paul123 back in approximately 2011. I know that you know everything there is to know about TVs.

Remember this thread back in 2006? Funny stuff.

http://dmrozek.websitetoolbox.com/post/s-about-site-1395372?

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » March 19th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Dang. That DOES make me miss the old crew. What a bunch of losers to not continue to frequent a video game forum on a regular basis! We need to start a new thread here specifically for all those guys as a sort of "virtual class reunion" of sorts. I'd love to see even just a single post from some of those guys.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » March 20th, 2014, 2:10 am

I remember alien blue was in terrible health. Hope he's OK and just moved on to other hobbies.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 20th, 2014, 9:32 pm

Alienblue popped back in a while ago for one post.  Everyone seemed to doubt it was him, but it was his trademark style.  Then he stopped.  I also hope he's ok given he had cancer.

Mathematician -- now there's a guy who hasn't been here in a LONG time.  He was hands-down one of the most illogical posters on this forum, but he wrapped it all up with this pseudo-intellectual rhetoric that made it funnier than it would be by its naked self.

Zen -- Zen had been saying for a while that the forum was "moving away" from him or something like that.

Feilong -- Feilong still drops in every now and then, but he has essentially given up on this forum.  I know the reason, but I don't think I am at liberty to say.  He's enjoying his career as a game developer now though.

Funkmaster -- Funkmaster left an ominous message in here one day saying he was dying or at least implying it.  Then he just disappeared.  I never was sure if it was a hoax or for real.  However, I just saw he's still posting his wrestling vids on Youtube, so he's probably ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9DdtRk24c

Sega Saturn X -- Yeah that guy disappeared a long while ago.  I've wondered what happened to him.

Koopa Warrior -- He probably left grade school and had less time on his hands.

Bluemonkey -- I think he disappeared completely after the forums went to registration.  I don't think he liked the fact that his email had to be involved.

BTW, that thread is hilarious.  It's funny how JLH took offense at the gay joke -- that guy is so mellow he never takes offense at anything.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 20th, 2014, 10:01 pm

I've also wondered for a while where Wur went.  He disappeared a while back too.  Used to be one of my favorite guys to fight with.

I also haven't seen Adamant in a while.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » March 20th, 2014, 10:29 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart]Alienblue popped back in a while ago for one post.  Everyone seemed to doubt it was him, but it was his trademark style.  Then he stopped.  I also hope he's ok given he had cancer.
[/QUOTE]

I email Alienblue on a regular basis, and I'm happy to report that he is alive and well (reasonably well for Alienblue, at least).  He doesn't play a lot of games anymore except for an occasional DS or 3DS game...

That post you are referring to, the one everyone doubted, was actually posted by me for Alienblue. Those of you who have read Alienblue's posts probably already know that he has chronic computer problems, and while he can visit the site, for whatever reason he cannot make any posts (yes, he does have an account set up), so I acted as sort of a proxy and posted a few things for him.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » March 20th, 2014, 11:13 pm

I remember there was a gay poster that took offence to a couple of the critics reviews. I forgot his posting name. But he was a big Atari xegs fan. Funny thing I subbed to his you tube channel and it is great. He reviews random electric oddities he finds at thrift stores. I think he quit posting here when the critic wouldn't change his reviews. He was a good poster who cares if he is gay.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » March 21st, 2014, 12:33 pm

m0zart and snakeboy, thank you for the updates. it's good to hear that alienblue is still alive and kicking. hopefully he'll be back on the boards. and it's too bad feilong doesn't post more, he's a good guy.

funk and mathematician had some hilarious posts. they need to come back and stir up the pot. long live the funk!

sega saturn x, bluemonkey, and zen, i didn't interact too much with them post-wise, but i enjoyed reading what they had to say.

and as for koopa, i had no idea he was that young. lol

wallyworld, not sure which poster you're referring to, but you've piqued my curiosity.

and m0zart, yeah, wur and adamant, i totally forgot about those two. i wonder what they're up to.

Return to “Video Games General”