9/5/2006: Neo Geo Pocket: Neo Geo World Cup '98 Plus, Samurai Shodown 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 5th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Just what the world needs - more Neo Geo Pocket reviews!!

Shawn

Postby Shawn » September 5th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Just what the world needs....more fighting game reviews! Nice reads as always but c'mon critic there are other genres out there!

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » September 6th, 2006, 5:47 am

Back off Shawn!  What other internet site would headline its front-page reviews with games from a dead-and-buried handheld system?  Or NES games from three decades ago?  That's precisely why me, you and fans of the site love the Critic: respect for games of all size, age, format and genre being given a fair shake and a spotlight in a videogame world run amok by high-resolution outputs or polygons-per-second statistics.  I love my NeoGeo Pocket Color (even though lately it's collecting dust thanks to the DS and PSP systems) and like it when a small reminder that it was a pretty cool alternative to the Nintendo GameBoy Color is given top spot on a classic videogame website.  Keep it up Dave, some of us love the more obscure reviews for the lesser-known systems.

And for the record 'World Cup '98' sucks and 'SS2' rulez!

Shawn

Postby Shawn » September 6th, 2006, 9:01 am

You back off J.M.! No seriously, I was only goofing around b/c even though I don't play or collect vintage systems I do enjoy reading the critic's reviews and looking at the chatter on this site. I will admit though that I wish he paid a little more attention to more modern systems b/c there are a few games out there that I would like some input on. But hey, it's his site so he can run it anyway he wants!

hi there

Postby hi there » September 6th, 2006, 7:57 pm

[QUOTE=Shawn]

You back off J.M.! No seriously, I was only goofing around b/c even though I don't play or collect vintage systems I do enjoy reading the critic's reviews and looking at the chatter on this site. I will admit though that I wish he paid a little more attention to more modern systems b/c there are a few games out there that I would like some input on. But hey, it's his site so he can run it anyway he wants!

[/QUOTE]

Shawn, you will have more fun if you collect old games.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » September 7th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Don't get the wrong idea; I grew up on the C-64 and played the hell out of the genesis when it was popular but I just can't get into anything subsequent to the Dreamcast Era. I have played some PS1 games but even that is a little painful sometimes!

Return to “Review Feedback”