Watch Dogs?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Watch Dogs?

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 26th, 2014, 11:46 am

I've been hearing a lot about this new game Watch Dogs.  Apparently some people have been waiting for it for a long time.  What's it all about and why are so many people psyched up about it?

weallmissedme1

Watch Dogs?

Postby weallmissedme1 » May 26th, 2014, 11:56 am

You basically roam Chicago as a guy named Aiden Pierce, out to hack everything you see. You can do it all from your smart phone. You can control traffic lights, steal banking information, and other such things, as long as you're connected to the CtOS in the district. In order to get access, you have to infiltrate the CtOS buildings and gain server access. You basically do missions, go on car races, play online, go into the virtual "trips", and explore the city. It's fantastic. I'm getting the PC version at midnight, but I'd assume you want the console version. So go with the PS4 version, as it's your best bet at the moment.

Segatarious1

Watch Dogs?

Postby Segatarious1 » May 26th, 2014, 12:14 pm

To me it looks like a typical Ubisoft games, in the vein of Ass. Creed. I think the hype was initially over graphics, but apprently they have been downgraded over time? I guess you use a cell phone to interact with things in the game world, and that kind of thing. It is the same trend in cop shows on TV these days where they want to amaze and baffle you with technology.

I have no interest in it personally.

Vexer1

Watch Dogs?

Postby Vexer1 » May 26th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Here's the basic synopsis from Wikipedia:

[QUOTE]

The narrative of the game follows Aiden Pearce, a highly skilled hacker and former thug. Eleven months after his actions caused the death of his niece, Aiden seeks to bring his own form of justice to the culprits by manipulating Chicago's CtOS, or Central Operating System, a supercomputer that controls every piece of technology in the city and contains information on all of the city's residents and activities which can be used for various purposes.

The storyline of Watch Dogs game is built around the concept of information warfare, data being interconnected, and the world's increasing use of technology—questioning who exactly runs the computers they depend on. The game is set in an alternate reality version of Chicago, Illinois, which is one of many cities to feature a supercomputer known as CtOS. In the game's universe, the Northeast blackout of 2003 was found to be caused by a hacker, prompting the development of the CtOS. Creative director Jonathan Morin has stated that the main story of the game will be 35–40 hours long[/QUOTE]

The main reason people are so excited about this game is because of the innovative hacking mechanic, which will allow you to hack any electronic devices to use for your own benefit. For example you can hack into traffic lights to cause collisions, use them to make barriers pop up to prevent would-be criminals from escaping, hack into other people's phones to steal money from them and acquire data to profile them and many other things too numerous to list here.

pacguy191

Watch Dogs?

Postby pacguy191 » May 26th, 2014, 2:04 pm

My friend called it "GTA with hacking". No clue if that's accurate.

TimPossible1

Watch Dogs?

Postby TimPossible1 » May 26th, 2014, 4:24 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]I've been hearing a lot about this new game Watch Dogs.  Apparently some people have been waiting for it for a long time.  What's it all about and why are so many people psyched up about it?[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious?

pacguy191

Watch Dogs?

Postby pacguy191 » May 26th, 2014, 4:37 pm

[QUOTE=TimPossible][QUOTE=videogamecritic]I've been hearing a lot about this new game Watch Dogs.  Apparently some people have been waiting for it for a long time.  What's it all about and why are so many people psyched up about it?[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious?[/QUOTE]
Why can't he be? It's an honest question.

Atarifever1

Watch Dogs?

Postby Atarifever1 » May 26th, 2014, 4:55 pm

I'm getting it when it hits on Wii U. Ubisoft is basically Nintendo's best AAA 3rd party friend, and even if it didn't appeal to me (it does), I'd almost buy it as a "thank you."

Vexer1

Watch Dogs?

Postby Vexer1 » May 26th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Yeah, not everyone knows everything about every single upcoming game, there's no need to be rude..

weallmissedme1

Watch Dogs?

Postby weallmissedme1 » May 27th, 2014, 12:20 am

Just hit the midnight release. I can't wait to play!

Return to “Modern Gaming”