a generation behinder inquires about what I should get for the PS3

General and high profile video game topics.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 5th, 2014, 12:04 pm

[QUOTE=wur]I'm pretty satisfied with my understanding of the story--

Good Space Marines with American accents fight Nazi Space Marines with non-American accents.[/QUOTE]
I want one where American Space Marines fight Canadian Space Marines.

Captain Angry Face: "Die bacon eating scum!
Watch out men, he's got an apology letter and tons of pure, clean water to spare"

Captain Smiles: "Ouch, my arm, eh! It's okay though man. We have free healthcare. I'll be alright. No need to apologize. It's my fault for being in the way of your bullet."

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 5th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Just to let you know, wur, there's a flash sale on JRPGs right now on the PSN store. Among the included titles are FFX/X2 HD which is down to $29.99, Demon's Souls which is down to $9.99, and Ni No Kuni which is down to $4.99. I highly recommend all of these.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » June 5th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Action - 3D Dot Game Heroes, Asura's Wrath, Darksiders, God of War III, [Prototype], Uncharted, The Walking Dead, Dante's Inferno

Platformers - Sonic Generations, Little Big Planet, the Ratchet and Clank games, the new Sly Cooper game

RPGs - Eternal Sonata, Ni no Kuni, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Disgaea D2, The Guided Fate Paradox, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia, Enchanted Arms, Atelier Rorona, Hyperdimension Neptunia, White Knight Chronicles, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Trinity Universe, Mugen Souls, Cross Edge

Fighters - Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Aquapazza, Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, Blazblue: Continuum Shift, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, Mortal Kombat 9, Persona 4 Arena, King of Fighters XII and XIII, and Arcana Heart III Love Max is coming out in September.

Music/Rhythm - The Guitar Hero series, DJ Hero, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f, K-On! Houkago Live!! HD Ver. (if you don't mind importing)

Racing - Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, Gran Turismo 5, Ridge Racer 7, Blur, Wipeout HD (download)

Shooters - The Orange Box, Duke Nukem Forever (well I thought it was alright, anyway), Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! (again, if you don't mind importing. It's kind of like a modern-day Pocky and Rocky if that interests you)

wur1

Postby wur1 » June 8th, 2014, 7:58 am

thanks a lot for chiming in!  I'll get the FFX/2 on disk sooner or later--the PSN store charges as much as the disks, I find, so I'm not gonna buy anything on there.  Valve wisely prices things a tad lower than the 'tactile versions'.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 8th, 2014, 2:40 pm

[QUOTE=wur]thanks a lot for chiming in!  I'll get the FFX/2 on disk sooner or later--the PSN store charges as much as the disks, I find, so I'm not gonna buy anything on there.  Valve wisely prices things a tad lower than the 'tactile versions'.[/QUOTE]

PSN really does offer exceptional deals, though. You'll NEVER find a physical copy of Ni No Kuni for only $4.99, for example. Also, digital PS3 games offer much better loading times and will not wear out your bluray drive.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » June 8th, 2014, 2:57 pm

I don't have time to make any detailed suggestions Wur.  I'm traveling abroad.  But I concur with Leo that 3D Dot Heroes is a great game if you like Zelda-like games.

Also, I am very glad to see your argumentative backside back on the forums!

Return to “Video Games General”