2014/6/10: Wii U: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, The, Mario Kart 8

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Danvankleef1

Postby Danvankleef1 » June 11th, 2014, 7:30 pm

I disagree about the battle mode. Sure with 12 racers it might not be so bad, but when four of us decided to play against each other with no computer racers, we found that we were driving in circles trying to find each other half the time. I'll take MK64 battle mode every time over this. That said, MK8 is otherwise very well done...

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » June 11th, 2014, 11:59 pm

For some reason I am really annoyed by the "Yawn" used when describing the inclusion of older tracks, and it's for a number of reasons. First, Mario Kart is unlike any other racer with its memorable tracks that are as much a part of the game as anything else. These aren't just run-of-the-mill racetracks, they are brimming with character, eye candy, and replay value. How many other games have a multitude of tracks that are so memorable or considered "classics"? Second, while these classic tracks are like a warm blanket to me when I see them as the give me instant flashbacks to some of the highlights of my gaming past, they are redone enough that I feel like I am discovering them all over again, so I am more excited for them than I am for the brand new ones. And lastly, I can see the review making a small complaint about the inclusion of these tracks if they made up the majority of the tracks, but these 16 reimagined classics PLUS an entire 16 new tracks is absolute bliss, and should be considered nothing but a good thing. Would you really prefer if they weren't included? Hell no! The inclusion of reimagined classic tracks on the latter MK games is one of my favorite aspects of the series now. It seems unlike you to not see the value in including these track in a game like Mario Kart...

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » June 12th, 2014, 7:11 am

[QUOTE=Paul123]I can see the review making a small complaint about the inclusion of these tracks if they made up the majority of the tracks, but these 16 reimagined classics PLUS an entire 16 new tracks is absolute bliss, and should be considered nothing but a good thing. Would you really prefer if they weren't included? Hell no! The inclusion of reimagined classic tracks on the latter MK games is one of my favorite aspects of the series now. It seems unlike you to not see the value in including these track in a game like Mario Kart... [/QUOTE]

Actually, I agree with this. The remade courses are some of my favorites. They arr completely worked on from the ground up so in a lot of ways they seem like brand new courses. Good times.

Dogtanian1

Postby Dogtanian1 » June 12th, 2014, 7:13 am

I completely agree Paul.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » June 12th, 2014, 7:35 pm

I can kinda see it. But I'd say it's up for debate.

CharlieR

Re: 2014/6/10: Wii U: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, The, Mario Kart 8

Postby CharlieR » March 24th, 2017, 9:20 am

I know this thread is old, but I've been replaying the Mario kart games. This was the last one I played, so it is fresh in my mind.

I care mainly about the tracks, since I play single player most of the time. Did anyone else find the new tracks to feel a little bland after a while? I think it's good that they did something different, but there is something about the anti-gravity that just feels a little lame. Also, I found the anti-gravity to be a little overdone at times. I don't have motion sickness or anything like that. I just find it more fun to drive on normal tracks.

I read the review here, and I did find it interesting that the critic wrote 'yawn' when talking about the older tracks being included. It's always interesting to me too see which tracks will be in the game, and I'm more excited to see the old ones than the new ones lol, and that is the case for the games that feature retro tracks.

Rev

Re: 2014/6/10: Wii U: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, The, Mario Kart 8

Postby Rev » March 27th, 2017, 9:38 pm

I actually started replaying this game about 2 weeks ago and picked up the two DLC packs that had been out for a couple of years. I actually really like the tracks in this game but I have to agree that they are a bit overdone. Every course pretty much has them and I feel like it keeps the courses from feeling very different. Still, this is a pretty solid title and the online multiplayer is pretty fun.

Return to “Review Feedback”