Which game is the modern day E.T. ready for burial in a desert?

General and high profile video game topics.
pacguy191

Postby pacguy191 » June 23rd, 2014, 7:20 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Orion][QUOTE=Orion]If they can find a dump big enough:  Wii Sports.  They produced 82,000,000 of them, 99.9% of which are probably never going to be played again.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

If they can find a dump big enough:  Halo: Combat Evolved.  They produced 6.43m  of them, 99.9% of which are probably never going to be played again.

It makes JUST as much sense![/QUOTE]
I bet there's still Halo 1 servers up and people playing on them.

Besides, Halo wasn't meant to be a shallow tech demo. Get over it.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 23rd, 2014, 8:23 pm

There were demos of system hardware months before release, and were not even games anyway but rather complex animations to showcase processing capabilities.

So what is your point, Sega.

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 23rd, 2014, 9:14 pm

People are still playing Wii Sports as well. And tech demo or not, Wii Sports was insanely popular (and the 33 million it's sequel sold proved that peopled didn't just care because it was a pack in game), and it's importance in gaming can not be disputed.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » June 23rd, 2014, 10:04 pm

Can we have a non-Wii vs. Everything else discussion? These boards are getting obnoxious! Here's how it seems to be lately:

-somebody makes a non-Nintendo thread, pertaining to X game.
-that one person, or even Steer, mentions a Nintendo game, in relation to what is being discussed.
-Steer comes to Nintendo's rescue, all while insulting Y game.
-thread is immediately derailed.

Or:

-thread is made about Nintendo.
-if it's a positive thread, somebody will say something negative about Nintendo.
-Steer shows up with statistics.
-if it is a negative thread, Steer is usually the first- to-third person to chime in.

Seven years, guys! That is how these boards have been for SEVEN years! Before all this crap started, these boards contained a lot more variety, and you could have an opinion without incurring the wrath of another member!

I'm sorry to lash out, but this was old when Bush was still president and gas was $3.00 a gallon!

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » June 24th, 2014, 12:01 am

I swear... half the people in here could benefit from some peyote and rolling around in the desert for a few hours....

crimefighter1

Postby crimefighter1 » June 24th, 2014, 12:45 am

Hey guys, since I'm the author of this discussion (yeah I goofed on which forum to post it in, but I was calling for a review of a particular game here) the chatter about a game in huge numbers that will get buried in a desert next - let's keep it to UNSOLD COPIES of a particular game.  This recycle bin is supposedly unsold copies of iCarly for the DS ... and today I was out at Menards, and they were selling a bunch of low-budget kiddie games for the DS, Wii, and XBox 360 for $3 a piece...iCarly being one of them!

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 24th, 2014, 2:28 am

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher]I still have my copy of Halo 1,2,3,4, ODST, Halo wars on xbox... the first two being xbox original ... and now I have Halo Spartan Assault.  They are all played regularly.  Though it is worth knowing that this is just another of Segats I hate MS posts.  Really what has this got to do fitting replacements for ET?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I love Halo myself. Anyone who thinks Halo deserves to be buried is obviously biased. I was just pointing out that Wii Sports, regardless of whether you like it or not, is an insanely popular game, and an important game as well. But yeah, Halo is possibly my favorite FPS franchise of all time.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 24th, 2014, 11:08 am

Halo Custom Edition is keeping the Combat Evolved faithful satisfied to this very day. The Master Chief Collection, to an extent, should attract the PC Gamer crowd.

After all, CE getting official Xbox Live support is a big deal.

Gilly1

Postby Gilly1 » June 24th, 2014, 10:38 pm

To get back on topic, Alien Colonial Marines gets my vote in this generation. 

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 24th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Duke Nukem Forever. No matter how underrated some think it is, objectively it is one of many contenders.

Or how about Sonic '06? Besides for collectors purposes, there's little to white knight over Sega's greatest debacle outside of console hardware.

Return to “Video Games General”