How do the mods know what gamnes I have played?

General and high profile video game topics.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 2nd, 2014, 4:28 pm

This post was not approved.

Reason - Opinions stated regarding anything not Nintendo or not played by the user will be considered likely inflammatory by the majority of the forum members.

That is really interesting. Who else is under this 'restriction' where they can only post on games that the mod thinks they have played? How do you know what games I have or have not player?

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » July 2nd, 2014, 6:57 pm

It's because you don't seem capable of opinion without hyperbole.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » July 2nd, 2014, 7:05 pm

I'll take a stab at this:

If it's not on 3DS, Wii, or Wii U, it's utter crap in your eyes. I even asked you once, to which you never responded, if you liked ANYTHING that wasn't made by Nintendo! You based your entire opinion of The Last of Us based around watching somebody else play it for a few minutes. You've made it abundantly clear, for nearly a decade, that you're not really interested in anything being released on non-Nintendo consoles. That's all well in good, but....

You're trying to police the boards. If you have anything negative to say about Nintendo, then you're clearly an idiot who is either brainwashed (hahaha!!!), or someone who has no taste. You complain about these boards constantly, but you always manage to come back, even changing your name (as a thirty-three year old man, I myself had to question the point of doing something like that).

Personally, I'm glad that the mods are putting the clamps down. I've started noticing a positive shift in the topics, in that they're staying more on track. They're reclaiming the boards and giving them back to the other people who visit this site regularly.

You're apparently a pretty smart guy, but you're also incredibly arrogant and that makes the idea of debating anything with you kind of pointless.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » July 3rd, 2014, 4:59 am

Have you played anything other than Nintendo ?

Personally I think you can bring a lot to the forums but when you dismiss well regarded games like The Last of Us and Bioshock it knocks your credibility. Is it because these style of games aren't available on Nintendo systems that you are so dismissive ?

I may be wrong but your gaming horizons seem very narrow, I'm not big on Nintendo only actively collected for the original Game Boy. I have owned all the Playstations 1-4 but I've got a broad enough outlook to understand that their systems provide more of the games I wish to play, maybe not for others such as yourself. But I don't knock Nintendo as they cater for a different audience to me.

Vexer is one of few on here who doesn't like Bioshock but at least we know he has played it and explains why he doesn't like it.

Perhaps a few threads about non Nintendo stuff and not bringing Nintendo into it ? Nintendo has got smaller market share than PS & Xbox- everyone else can't be wrong for not playing Nintendo and every topic doesn't need to have Nintendo involved.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 3rd, 2014, 7:14 am

I will say that people get so self satisfied and arrogant with their opinions, they cannot handle a conflicting opinion and the resulting discussion - which is what this board should be for. It is ridiculous. Honestly, it feels like indoctrination. Maybe a bunch of you, including mods, should calm down, realize we are just talking about vidoegames, and all games can be critiqued, even if IGN gave the game a 10, and its previous reiteration a 10, and its previous reiteration a 10, and its previous reiteration a 10......

Why would it make anyone angry? Why should the mods shape opinions, and hand out ribbons or punishment to posters the agree with or disagree with?

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » July 3rd, 2014, 8:22 am

Steer,

Noticed your last post in the queue. I might just approve it. Still, I'd like you to first adress each and every point HardcoreSadism, BanjoPickles and Sut raised in their posts. After all, especially if you're gonna have your own thread such as this one, you should at least look into your fellow posters concerns, I mean, they're on topic, right? In any case, adressing other people questions/remarks rather than dismiss those all the time seems like the best route, unless of course one's in love with his own voice. I don't fully believe that, you've been banned after all, yet seem to like it over here, as you keep coming back. Make no mistake though, this isn't your private diary, if you can't exchange with people, well then, banning you again may actually sound like a favor we'd be doing you.

Edit: Looks like someone else approved your post while I was typing this. Fine, my point still stands, here's hoping you'll make something out of it, though I won't hold my breathe over it.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 3rd, 2014, 10:29 am

If I might make a suggestion:

Almost every post you make on here either slams some company that is not Nintendo, or praises Nintendo as being the greatest.  That's fine I guess, but it makes you seem one-dimensional and easy to dismiss.  Disney sucks, Microsoft sucks, all mobile sucks, PC sucks, Pixar sucks, Sony sucks, etc. 

How about, to add some depth, you list three companies you really like (from any area and of any size) that are not Nintendo.  Please no one pick his list apart, as that will derail anbd lead to more fights.

I'll list mine too (don't tear these apart for the same reason):

Blackberry: Love the new CEO, love companies that do cross platform (does APK, new deal with the Amazon Android store, works with Office and Adobe just fine,  multiple cloud services pre-loaded, BBM is cross platform, etc.), never had a broken phone under contract, great battery, love BB 10 to pieces. 

DC Comics: I love their superheroes better, as I think aspirational beats relatable any day of the week.  I also think when they go artsy, they wipe the floor with other companies.

GM: I'm strange I know.  However, from my local dealer, to the HQ, I have never, ever had a custiomer service issue. 

Honourable mentions:
Valve
CBC
The CFL

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » July 3rd, 2014, 5:16 pm

I'll go out on a limb and affirm that to properly critique a game, you have to have first hand knowledge of playing it. It's fair game to bring up something you've seen second hand (from a video or elsewhere) with that caveat, but you can't make any definitive statement about the whole product. It's part and parcel of having an informed opinion. I'm the first in line to dismiss the majority of professional enthusiast reviews like IGN, but I can't really say anything meaningful until I've played the game myself.

Atarifever: if you love the Justice Society, you may be my new best friend

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » July 3rd, 2014, 8:20 pm

I don't find your opinion itself arrogant, just this notion that you're right and everybody else is just a brainwashed zombie.

You are right about one thing: they're just video games. That's part of the problem. I get this vibe that you believe that any game that moves away from the simplicity of your choice of gaming deserves your unbridled wrath. Most everybody else here can have a fun, easy-going conversation about gaming....except you and a few others. You even attacked me for liking Nintendo AND the others! Actually, these are the issues I, myself have:

-I only play what's popular (funny, coming from a Mario Kart, Super Mario, and Wii Sports fan)?
-I want Nintendo to fail (I guarantee that I have invested more into that company than you could even dream of)?
-Your attitude that Nintendo is the greatest and everybody else sucks.
-your personal attacks on other members (myself included). Many of those attacks were unwarranted.

Here's what I don't get. You come here, ruffle feathers, get banned, sneak back on the board, openly criticize it, etc.. If you have such a problem with this site, why are you here? I don't understand the logic of intentionally upsetting people.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 3rd, 2014, 10:09 pm

This is kind of embarrassing.

If you do not want to read hyperbole on this board, then please stop writing it! I respond with specific examples on specific games. I do not blanket over entire systems as some here are excusing me of doing. For example, the only comment I have ever written about The Last of Us is that its story is generic, and the praise it gets from the gaming press for its story is sad and over hyped. That's it - wow.

If you want to criticize me, please quote a specific example and I will respond in kind, so we have CONTEXT. This 'my perception is your reality' is really not worth my time, or the boards time. Mods need to disconnect from heir own biases when approving comments, that is the point I made here.

Return to “Video Games General”