Xbox games - help me decide

General and high profile video game topics.
a1

Postby a1 » July 11th, 2014, 12:34 pm

There are a lot of games on sale on xbox arcade right now. I need help making a choice between the following options

Pac Man Collection - I would literally be buying this solely for the inclusion of the 4 player arcade game. I'm not sure that warrants a purchase. Plus, it might wear out its welcome if I owned it.
MGS5 Ground Zeroes - This one is really short but I'm okay with that. I don't have much time for games lately anyway. The only thing I wonder is if it's worth owning. I could probably beat it on a redbox rental.
Ninja Gaiden 2 - only on sale today. Like the first one. Haven't played this.

Any suggestions? There are some good sales so check them out.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » July 11th, 2014, 3:06 pm

I'd recommend Ninja Gaiden 2 myself, that's a really good game that provides a solid challenge without being overwhelmingly frustrating.

a1

Postby a1 » July 12th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Thanks for the help. I went in for ninja gaiden 2. Then I saw that my credit card was billed $5 even though I had nearly $10 in my account. Found out that your balance can't be used when you buy games from a pc; only if you buy from the xbox. A stupid policy, but I said screw it and got ground zeroes

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » July 12th, 2014, 8:08 pm

That's a terrible policy, lol. I wonder how many extra purchases have occurred from that.

a1

Postby a1 » July 12th, 2014, 11:22 pm

[QUOTE=Rev]That's a terrible policy, lol. I wonder how many extra purchases have occurred from that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so probably an intentional oversight on there part. I didn't mind because I was already considering getting both since I would have $5 left after ninja garden but I would have called and complained otherwise. Imagine how angry you would be if you did that on a $60 purchase.

Also it was not even clear that my account balance would be used on xbox. You have to click pay with a credit card then it asks if you want to use your account balance and pay the remainder with the card. Why wouldn't I want to? "No I really prefer having to pay interest on my purchases and leave money with an expiration date in my account. Glad you asked Microsoft. Can I offer you some of my blood now?"

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » July 13th, 2014, 1:16 am

a-I didn't even know you could make Xbox Live purchases on a PC, don't really see what's wrong with them asking that question though.

a1

Postby a1 » July 13th, 2014, 4:10 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]a-I didn't even know you could make Xbox Live purchases on a PC, don't really see what's wrong with them asking that question though.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with them asking that question, even though I see no reason why anyone would answer no. The issue is that it's really unclear that you can even use your account balance on your purchase if you don't have enough to cover the entire price of what you're buying. It's not until you confirm the purchase that it prompts you. I thought it was a bug that wasn't letting me pay with my existing balance until i looked it up online.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » July 13th, 2014, 6:39 pm

I see your point, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it was an intentional oversight on the part of Microsoft. 

a1

Postby a1 » July 13th, 2014, 9:33 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]I see your point, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it was an intentional oversight on the part of Microsoft. [/QUOTE]

Maybe not that. When you buy an xbox games through your PC though, you can't even use what's in your account to pay for it. The posts I found on forums regarding that issue were over a year old so they've had plenty of time to fix it intentional oversight our not.

Now, I like my xbox and all, but I know that Microsoft doesn't have my best interests at heart when they make their decisions (nor does any company). If they see an issue that's only causing more money to be spent, they're not going to rush to fix it.

Return to “Video Games General”