Any predictions for xbox & PS2 game that will skyrocket in value in years to come?

General and high profile video game topics.
Burk1

Any predictions for xbox & PS2 game that will skyrocket in value in years to come?

Postby Burk1 » July 20th, 2014, 12:38 pm

These two systems are the cheapest and easiest to buy for right now. If former trends in gaming can tell us anything,it's certain that some titles that are inexpensive right now won't be at some point in the future. I think its a mix of good and rare...mostly. Halo is the SMB of the Xbox,and people will be using them as coasters forever. Conker live and reloaded is already getting expensive.
I think psychonauts and other good 3-D platformers will go up,simply because there aren't many. Ratchet and clank games are worth hanging on too,IMO.Even more so for 2-D platformers like Klonoa 2. RPGs and one on one fighting games have always had a trend of keeping value,and shmups too, for that matter. I can't think of any FPS that stands out as so rare and good it will be valuable,but I'm sure I am wrong.
I'm keeping all R&C,Sly cooper,and J&D games.Lots of GOW out there,but they are both SO good people will always want them.I'm also hanging on to all monster and superhero games,just because they are so big in the culture right now,and people pay for nostalgia.
Thoughts?

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » July 20th, 2014, 2:11 pm

I'm surprised Live and Reloaded is getting expensive, as it's heavily censored compared to the N64 original and it no longer has the "Live" option going for it, so I would think if anything the game would be dirt cheap.

One PS2 series I can see getting insanely expensive really quick is the .Hack series, parts 2, 3 and 4 are each quickly approaching 100 dollars on Amazon(and there's a collection with all 4 games that's selling for 230 dollars).

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » July 20th, 2014, 2:43 pm

This is definitely the time to buy Xbox and PS2 games (actually probably a year or two ago was the perfect time but most are still cheap). I've been picking up games for both systems left and right. The Xbox is definitely the cheapest of the two to collect for (currently) with a ton of games under the $10 value. I'd say that most of the RPGs for the PS2 are definitely ones to watch out for. Most are getting fairly expensive and will continue to climb as time continues. For the Xbox, the hidden gems are the ones to watch out for, especially the ones that were Xbox exclusives.

a1

Postby a1 » July 20th, 2014, 2:45 pm

There are lots copies of halo, ratchet and clank, god of war, jak and the sly series and all of those are or soon will be available in hd collections so I don't see them going up in value much at all. Conker live and reloaded and the xbox version of pstchonauts will retain the high value they have now, but I don't see them going up much. One game that I think will be very hard to find is Futurama. It's already pretty pricey and it's not getting any less rare.

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » July 20th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Some Xbox Games:
Aggressive Inline
Dino Crisis 3
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Phantom Dust
Shikigami no Shiro Evolution (Red Version)
Splashdown
Teen Titans
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan
Xbox Music Mixer
Xyanide

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » July 20th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Xbox - Metal Wolf Chaos

It's one of the few Japan exclusives to not make it stateside that's absolutely awesome.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » July 20th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Highly sought-after PS2 RPGs tend to fetch high prices. Xenosaga Episode III, Shadow Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei games, etc.

velcrozombie1

Postby velcrozombie1 » July 20th, 2014, 5:51 pm

I hate to give such a generalized answer (I don't have a lot of time right now) but look for most of the PS2 games published by Atlus to go up in value.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » July 21st, 2014, 1:15 am

I know that some of the .Hack games are really expensive right now. Suikoden V is also pretty expensive, though not quite as much as Suikoden II on Playstation.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » July 21st, 2014, 5:49 am

The Guy Game (for both PS2 & Xbox)

This was a stupid trivia-based game that feature girls getting naked during Spring Break. Later, it was discovered that one of the girls was actually underage during the filming so the game was discontinued. But the game had a pretty limited release already. So I'm willing to bet that this game will become extremely pricey in the future due to its rarity and explicit nature, much like the unlicensed x-rated Atari 2600 games were/are.

Return to “Video Games General”