Colecovision Bump N Jump with the steering wheel

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Teddybear1

Postby Teddybear1 » August 3rd, 2014, 9:50 am

I made a great new discovery yesterday - Bump N Jump played with the steering module is awesome!  The control is precise (no drifting) and using the gas pedal to accelerate (or slow down) really conveys the feeling of driving more so than on Turbo. 

Turbo is awesome too but the drifting is slightly annoying.  Pitstop and Dukes of Hazzard also suffer the same control issues and worse.  I used to think that it was just due to the cheap construction of the steering wheel but after playing Bump N Jump.....wow, what a difference!  The device is capable of pin-point control with the right game.

I am a little surprised the VGC doesn't have a review for Bump N Jump.   Highly recommend!

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » August 3rd, 2014, 10:54 am

Actually, there is a review for Colecovision Bump n Jump on the site. It's just a little hard to find:

http://dmrozek.websitetoolbox.com/post/bump-n-jump-and-squishem-sam-colecovision-5406046

[smile]

But, yeah, I agree that Dave needs to do a review for the game. It might be the most glaring omission in the Colecovision section.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » August 3rd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Yeah.  It is a fantastic game one of Sega's finest.  I totally loved that game.  I never tried it with the controller my cv broke before I could. 

Teddybear1

Postby Teddybear1 » August 3rd, 2014, 5:45 pm

Good stuff there snakeboy...... I'm most certain that I've read that thread before but only really appreciated it beginning today.  You have to play the game for yourself to truly form to a solid opinion.  But one of the beauties of this website is that it can give you a nudge into the right direction.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » August 3rd, 2014, 10:51 pm

It indeed is included on the Colecovision Flashback. 

Sadly, the excellent 2600 and Intellivision versions won't be on their respective Flashbacks.

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher]Yeah.  It is a fantastic game one of Sega's finest. [/QUOTE]

Wrong company [smile]

This was a Data East game that Midway licensed for North American arcades.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » August 6th, 2014, 7:14 am

[QUOTE=Leo]It indeed is included on the Colecovision Flashback. 

Sadly, the excellent 2600 and Intellivision versions won't be on their respective Flashbacks.

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher]Yeah.  It is a fantastic game one of Sega's finest. [/QUOTE]

Wrong company [smile]

This was a Data East game that Midway licensed for North American arcades.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I was thinking of UP and Down... classic game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv084rtAo_8

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » August 6th, 2014, 10:49 am

Wow never heard of Up and Down but it looks more fun than Bump and Jump.

Return to “Classic Gaming”