No good reason to buy a PS4 or Xbox One

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » August 11th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, Knack, Resogun, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct... these are not ports of last gen games

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 11th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Yes, it dosen't appear that either system has enough good looking games to be worth buying.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 11th, 2014, 4:16 pm

[QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, Knack, Resogun, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct... these are not ports of last gen games [/QUOTE]

True, but none of those games are good enough to justify a console purchase.

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » August 11th, 2014, 4:42 pm

I agree, I'm warming up to buy a Wii U this fall, though Bloodborne will make me buy a PS4 eventually.

a1

Postby a1 » August 11th, 2014, 5:56 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate][QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, Knack, Resogun, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct... these are not ports of last gen games [/QUOTE]

True, but none of those games are good enough to justify a console purchase.[/QUOTE]

This. A few of those were critically panned. The others aren't my thing but they might be compelling enough for someone else. The fact that the wii u has more games shouldn't be surprising. It has been out longer.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » August 11th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Only problem with the Wii U currently is 'N64 Syndrome' waiting months between releases. At least the PS4/XBone have a slew of games on the horizon and some amazing looking ones at that.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » August 11th, 2014, 6:33 pm

There is nothing on the Wii U that interests me.  It is last gen architecture.  Yeah you get Nintendo games but nothing that has me going I am buying it. 

Where as my Xbox one has Dead Rising 3, Titan Wars, Crimson dragon.  Next week it is going to have Diablo 3, the week after Metro redux both the metro games fully bought up to date with jaw dropping graphics.  Incidentally they did not make Metro Last Light for the Wii U as it was not powerful enough according to he developers. September sees Destiny and I have played it.  Simply superb and the critic is not going to play it as it is an MMO incidentally it is on ps4 also, ps3, 360 (not as good as the 1) and PC but not on Wii U.  That is probably down to their restrictive web presence.  Of course for also Halo for the 1.  Okay it is another redux but hey that is most of the good wii u games (zelda anyone).

Though you do have Just dance 2015 to look forward to on the wii U. 

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 11th, 2014, 10:14 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher]There is nothing on the Wii U that interests me.  It is last gen architecture.  Yeah you get Nintendo games but nothing that has me going I am buying it. 

Where as my Xbox one has Dead Rising 3, Titan Wars, Crimson dragon.  Next week it is going to have Diablo 3, the week after Metro redux both the metro games fully bought up to date with jaw dropping graphics.  Incidentally they did not make Metro Last Light for the Wii U as it was not powerful enough according to he developers. September sees Destiny and I have played it.  Simply superb and the critic is not going to play it as it is an MMO incidentally it is on ps4 also, ps3, 360 (not as good as the 1) and PC but not on Wii U.  That is probably down to their restrictive web presence.  Of course for also Halo for the 1.  Okay it is another redux but hey that is most of the good wii u games (zelda anyone).

Though you do have Just dance 2015 to look forward to on the wii U. [/QUOTE]

If what you're looking for is the latest architecture, you should definitely build an Intel/nVidia PC and avoid consoles entirely. PS4 and Xbox one are last gen architecture. The Wii U is 3 gens ago architecture. What we're talking about here is games, not hardware. And currently, the Wii U has far more critically-acclaimed games in its favor than the X1 and the PS4 combined. That's all the Critic was saying--not that the Wii U can render better shadows or particle effects than the "new" boxes.

a1

Postby a1 » August 11th, 2014, 10:28 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher] the week after Metro redux both the metro games fully bought up to date with jaw dropping graphics.  Incidentally they did not make Metro Last Light for the Wii U as it was not powerful enough according to he developers.[/QUOTE]

They didn't say that. The wii u is less powerful than the ps4 and Xbox One, but more powerful than the 360 abd ps3. Don't worry, you won the power wars, but no need to spread lies and hyperbole.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/13/metro-last-light-wii-u-cancellation-not-due-to-horrible-cpu-claims-says-thq-rep/

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » August 12th, 2014, 5:37 am

I'm still waiting to hear what gaming experiences you can get on the Wii U that you couldn't get on the Wii

Return to “Modern Gaming”