No good reason to buy a PS4 or Xbox One

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 13th, 2014, 4:26 am

No i'm not agreeing with him, I don't see how you got that from what I said, he claimed Kinnect "crashed" motion gaming, which I said was complete and utter nonsense, because it did pretty well, and he also claimed it "blotted up" buyers, which is also nonsense.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » August 13th, 2014, 6:24 am

You don't have a pretty good grasp at rhetorics..

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » August 13th, 2014, 7:58 am

I think Sega is right, People lost the appetite for motion controls after the Kinnect's initial flurry.
Both traditional gamers and 'casual' gamers became bored with it and Kinnect (and Move) were nothing more than 'me too' bandwagon jumpers with dull uninteresting games. In my opinion Sega has a good point, Kinnect seemed to break the camels back hence why no appetite for Kinnect 2 and the casuals have moved onto tablet and phone gaming (my opinion).

Also I find it perplexing when you say Sony are arrogant because the PS3 was more expensive, but it's ok for MS as it's 'only' $100 more. I would say MS showed more arrogance than Sony because they believed people would buy a technically inferior and weaker console for $100 more than their main competitor and force them to have motion controls that no one apart from MS were interested in. Maybe a bit of fanboyism there Vexer ?

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 13th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Oh I have a plenty good grasp on rhetorics, i'm merely disagreeing with Sega's post, I don't really see what's so difficult to understand about that.

I don't think Kinnect "broke" anything, the problem was that after it had some success, MS kind of left it by the wayside and stopped supporting, which I feel was a mistake as it still had some potential that I don't feel was fully utilized.

I don't think MS showed more arrogance then Sony in the least, the massive price tag of the PS3 wasn't the arrogant part, it was many of the statements Sony made in regards to said price, saying that people would be willing to pay anything simply because it was Playstation and boasting that "the next generation dosen't start until we say so" plus they were also slagging on the Wii for no good reason(something I don't recall MS doing) so i'd say that definitely makes Sony more arrogant.

There's no "fanboyism" here, just me calling it like I see it.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » August 13th, 2014, 4:36 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]

Sony's bad start was due to their own blind arrogance in assuming that people would be willing to fork over 600 dollars when the competition was 200-300 dollars cheaper(compared to that, 100 dollars more for an Xbox One isn't that much)

[/QUOTE]

'The massive price tag of the PS3 wasn't the arrogant part'. Indeed. Are you disagreeing with yourself? 

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 13th, 2014, 5:30 pm

No, that was just poorly worded on my part, I should've been more specific in that regard.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 13th, 2014, 6:51 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]No, that was just poorly worded on my part, I should've been more specific in that regard.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it could have been worded differently--you were clearly referring to price.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » August 13th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Riiiiiiggght...
And Microsoft didn't say anything arrogant ever. Yeah. Let's just pretend last year's E3 didn't exist. Why not? I'd assume all the other Microsoft fanboys are doing the same thing.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 13th, 2014, 11:30 pm

It could've and should've been worded differently.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » August 14th, 2014, 4:03 am

Microsoft did not ruin motion controls with Kinect. Nintendo, themselves, destroyed it by allowing an unprecedented amount of low quality games to be released on the Wii that had broken or extremely poor controls!

Just add up the number of Wii's sold to that of Kinect and Move bundles sold... it's not even close. Motion controls were a sinking ship even before M$ and $ony jumped on board. That's obviously why they sold so poorly and few developers wanted to make games that supported them.

Return to “Modern Gaming”