Big Mario Kart 8 DLC expansions on the way

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Leo1

Postby Leo1 » August 26th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Or so it appears. 

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/animal-crossing-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991122.html

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

• 3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

• 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 26th, 2014, 4:59 pm

I'm really excited about this.

Say what you want about DLC--In my book, more Mario Kart 8 always=better.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » August 26th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I'd buy this. I don't like DLC but for Nintendo, I would.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » August 26th, 2014, 7:29 pm

It does sound great, I just hope it appears on disc eventually as part of a pack-in bundle or something like a Player's Choice rerelease. Would be a shame to see such an excellent piece of DLC not get a retail release someday.

[original]  [original]

I wonder if the retro tracks will be all new or if they will remake some past choices. Several of the most popular tracks in Mario Kart Wii appeared on Mario Kart 7 for instance and Mario Kart 64 is down to only one track that hasn't been touched before.

One of these days, I'm sure they're going to start remaking tracks that have already been remade.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » August 26th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Looks cool.

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » August 26th, 2014, 9:01 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Looks cool.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Do you want a chaser for that kool aid?

Back in May you justified your disgust at western gaming for paying full price for a game, then paying for dlc. You wrote about MS and EA are daffy duck dispicable for their dlc? What up with the 180? You used to be a staunch just say no to dlc, now its 'looks cool'. Are you still the original Segatarious, or Dick Sargent?

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » August 27th, 2014, 1:40 am

I guess it's cool not to like DLC, up until they release something you like. There's truly no escaping DLC anymore.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » August 27th, 2014, 3:08 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Looks cool.[/QUOTE]

What? Sorry but lacking content in posts isn't allowed here.

Corruption!

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » August 27th, 2014, 4:31 am

I think it's nice to see Nintendo embracing DLC.

There's nothing wrong with adding extra content, as long as its priced fairly.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » August 27th, 2014, 5:49 am

Well, reading the comments here, you can see I am certainly not the only one who recognizes that Nintendo does DLC both better and different :

The DLC packs are scheduled to include the following:

Pack 1 + Pack 2 Bundle - $11.99

6 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser
8 Vehicles
16 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs bundled or individually, buyers receive 8 new colors for Yoshi and Shy Guy. Those who advance purchase both packs can begin using the Yoshi and Shy Guy characters immediately.

16 more courses for $12? Plus 8 more carts? How can I resist? The best kart racer of all time, just got better. Nintendo did not release a half finished game, this is an expansion pack, similar in content to New Super Luigi Brothers, which is a fantastic Mario Platformer. No, Nintendo does it right. Nintendo quality and content is far and away greater than that of EA.

Let's see. I got Mario Kart 8, Wii Party U, and over $10 back in eshop credit with my purchase of Mario Kart 8. So, this DLC has already paid for itself. Spend you free Nintendo rewards on whatever you like.

Return to “Modern Gaming”