Destiny the video game event of a generation.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » September 10th, 2014, 6:41 am

One in your lifetime a truly novel game comes out that demands to be played by everyone.  A game so revolutionary that you must buy.  I have played such a game and I feel truly blessed to be one of the first to see this game.  Destiny is that game.
It has every thing.  Superb graphics running in native 1080p at 60 fps (confirmed by the Guinesss book of records!). A great sound track and most importantly a story that have never been told before.  You are the guardians of the universe and are the only ones who can keep the light shining or it is total darkness and evil wins.
Plus the always online works like a dream.  The platform is stable and you can get a game whenever you want.  Who needs that old hat offline mode?  The critic is a dinosaur!  Long live the revolution!

Well that is what they would like you to think.  Sure the graphics are jaw dropping.  Also the sound is superb.  The story is the same old HP Lovecraft one they have been peddling for years about the darkness aka the old gods returning.  The story has been done better than most.  Also it is easily the best MMO I have played.  Since bungie did Halo you know they know a thing or two about making a good game and it does show here.  The always online works so much better than Need for speed rivals and is on a par with Titanfall.
The weapons are a dream to use and the game mechanics are rock solid.  Plus I have not fallen through the scenery once.  
Is it worth getting? I think so but I like SF.  Also it reminds me of Mass Effect which I really liked.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » September 10th, 2014, 1:48 pm

I've been watching a lot of videos and reading some reviews online on Destiny. It seems that the overall response has actually been pretty lukewarm.

While everyone seems to praise the visuals in the game, there has been a lot of people who have compared the look and feel of the game to Borderlands (which I haven't played). Halo is also frequently mentioned, of course. As is Mass Effect.

There's also been a lot of criticism over the level design and "run of the mill" game missions. Quite a few reviewers have commented by saying "Destiny has everything. But nothing that we haven't seen before. And in some cases, it's been done better elsewhere."

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » September 10th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Looks decent, I have this pre-ordered but haven't got around to picking it up yet due to being a little short on cash at the moment.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » September 10th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I checked out the Beta briefly.  I wasn't completely in love with it but then again I didn't spend more than hour with it.  I could see how it would be neat to be out doing your own missions and see other folks doing their own thing.  I saw that a couple of times and wondered what they were doing.  I'm hoping the reviews tend to be more on the positive side of the spectrum and I'll pick it up eventually.  

I've started a list and am waiting on Target's next Buy 2 get 1 Free sale.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » September 10th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Well I played it with my pal for 7 hours today.  I really like it. 

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » September 12th, 2014, 6:18 am

It is not an MMO in the classic sense of the word.  It is a FPS that you occasionally play with a few other people.  It has all the normal FPS stuff in it as well.  Capture the flag, free for all.  There is also a rudimentary horde mode in it.  I think I am close to completing the game.  Though they I can go through it again with one of the two other characters. 
(To the moderator could you move this to the modern gaming section.  I just wanted to pass on my thoughts to my fellow gamers so they know what they are getting.  Also more importantly what they are not getting.)

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » September 12th, 2014, 1:53 pm

This game does interest me I was expecting a sort of World of Warcraft meets Halo/FPS type thing, is that not the case ?

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » September 13th, 2014, 4:00 pm

I have not played WoW so I cannot say a yeah or a no. 

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » September 13th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Picked mine up today, but won't be able to play it til my new portable hard drive arrives in the mail(it requires 20 GB of hard drive space on the 360 for those who are wondering).

Gilly1

Postby Gilly1 » September 14th, 2014, 10:03 am

Gamespot finally posted their review by Kevin Van Ord, and it's a 6 out of 10. Wow!
IGN has yet to post their review nearly a week after release. Interesting.

Return to “Modern Gaming”