Favorite Review from this site?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 14th, 2014, 4:50 pm

I know it's hard to choose, but what review stands out as your favorite on this site?

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » September 14th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Probably Heavy Nova, very funny review of a terrible game.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » September 15th, 2014, 1:11 am

No doubt your format for Hardware reviews is what influenced me to make my own review, probably the best hardware reviews I've read.

In fact I'm smoothing out my review of the Wii, which in some bizarre twist of fate died in the middle of Smash Bros...

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » September 15th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Anything with an F review.  They're always entertaining and you bought the bullet so I don't have to waste my time playing a stinker.  

Much appreciated!

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » September 15th, 2014, 3:50 pm

The recent Ultimate Predator review made me chuckle. I also like your Doom 32x review, this version gets too much stick when in reality it's one of the more playable console versions and your review hits the nail on the head and I agree with your I don't care what the knockers say - this is fun vibe.
I also enjoy when you review multi-format games in a short space of time on various systems like your recent Primal Rage and Corpse Killer reviews I always find those entertaining.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » September 15th, 2014, 4:33 pm

There are a lot that I've found great, but my all-time favorite would have to be Dave's 2011 review for Tomba (PSX). Overall, it's a decent review of a fun but flawed metroidvania style game, but the ending is what I love. Out of nowhere, Dave closes his review with: "I think President Obama put it best when he said, 'Look, I've got better things to do than hump flowers and yank on puff balls.' Nope he never said that." It was so random I think I laughed for 10 minutes straight!

Content-wise, I've always loved his A grade review for Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA). When I read it for the first time I was thrilled that someone loved the game as much as I did. I think I still agree with what he says in the review; that it's the best GameBoy game of all time.

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » September 16th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Major League Baseball 2K6. Critic and his friend Jonathan yelled "F" in unison!

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » September 18th, 2014, 11:44 am

I know I've stated this several times before, but your 2 Swordquest reviews for the Atari 2600 always stick out. I had never played either Swordquest game when I was a kid, but I read about them in my video game magazines. Atari gave away a grand prize to the person who solved the game worth 25 grand, which always interested me.

So I was pretty stoked when I saw that the VGC reviewed these two games. However, the two Swordquest games turned out to be duds, and the VGC's reviews were downright hilarious. The first time I read them, it made me laugh pretty hard. The two reviews came out in May, 2001, and really showed the humor that has been prevalent is VGC's reviews over the years.

PSX1

Postby PSX1 » September 26th, 2014, 2:49 pm

It's too tough to remember all of them, but Monkeyshines is my favorite in recent memory, having been reviewed back in February I think.  I've never played the game and I'm not a big Odyssey fan, so it had to be a good review for me to take note of it.

The best part of this topic, though, was getting to read the reviews suggested by the other posters.  Those Swordquest reviews are definitely my favorite now.

Return to “Video Games General”