Halloween Game Review Special

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 25th, 2014, 7:50 pm

Check out the newly-updated Halloween Special.

Not too much different than last year - about six more games added.

Still, this is a great way to get into the spirit of the season.

Suggestions/comments are encouraged!

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » September 26th, 2014, 7:26 am

Critic you have left out Resident Evil 6 which should be put in by way of an update to the list.  Also can I suggest you get Dead Rising 3.  It is great.  It is the way the series should have been from the start.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 26th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Astro,
Thanks for reminding my about RE6!  Also, I do have Dead Rising 3 and will be reviewing soon.

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » September 28th, 2014, 3:20 pm

As the Halloween special is getting bigger and bigger, some sort of content's page before part 1 that allows the user to jump to any page might be cool (or links to all 5 parts on each page)?

Perhaps the pages could also be re-organized to be divided by decade like the nav bar? Or maybe by console generation (pages 3-5 are co-incidently practically each a separate console gen)?

So it's easier to work out which consoles are on which page and get to the console one wishes to.

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » September 28th, 2014, 5:02 pm

I read through it every year and it does get me into the spirit.  I sometimes feel it would be better to sort everything by the number of tombstones.  That way, the more we read, the more spookier the games get.  It would be more like a top 50 list though.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 22nd, 2014, 7:16 am

Okay so this is what happened.  The Critic posted up his list of Halloween games and I thought you know what I am going to start playing my old horror games.  So I played and beat Silent Hill Downpour.  The frame rate issues rear their ugly head a lot in this game.  It really comes alive when you finally get to silent hill.  The side quests area lot of fun.  Then it is back to their version of the other world which is not as much fun.  I think that the critics review of it is fair.  For me probably a C.
Now I am on Silent Hill Homecoming.  Yep my second play through.  On my first play through I got the UFO ending quite by chance so now I have a laser gun.  You know I am playing on hard and just gunning everything down.  I do think that they needed to boost the graphics up on this one a bit.  Apart from that it has all the puzzles and the like.

Next up Silent Hill the HD collection.  I am going to go and try Silent Hill 2 first with the HD graphics and the new voices. 

Return to “Review Feedback”