Majora's Mask 3D!!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
JWK1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby JWK1 » November 6th, 2014, 12:39 pm

I apologize if this topic has already been posted here, but Nintendo revealed yesterday that they plan on releasing a 3DS version of MM next year. I'm assuming this will be compatible with every version of the 3DS, unlike the other awesome remake I'm anxiously awaiting, Xenoblade chronicles.

What are your thoughts about this remake? Personally, I thought Ocarina 3D was a brilliant and beautiful update. I'm very excited for this, mostly because I've never played Majora before and most of my gaming is done on handhelds these days, so I'm excited. This will have to a topic for another day, but I'm not a big fan of the N64. Just don't care much for 5th generation 3D games, but this is one I was hoping would get a remake and now, all is right with the world.

a1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby a1 » November 6th, 2014, 2:16 pm

I'm excited but i need it to have more than just the majora remake to be worth my money. I was okay with paying full price for ocarina because it had the Master quest included and I'd never played through that. Hopefully they can make some sort of hard mode for majora that's changed more than just you take more damage and there are no hearts.

ptdebate1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby ptdebate1 » November 6th, 2014, 2:30 pm

I'm very excited about this! Majora's Mask might be the most visionary Zelda ever.

They added a harder difficulty for WWHD as well, so it would be in keeping with the general trend if they were to release MM3D with a special difficulty mode as well.

JustLikeHeaven1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » November 6th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Great news indeed!

Nintendo has always treated Majora's Mask like it's the ugly stepchild of the Zelda franchise.  It's nice to seem them put some effort into a re-release of the game.  I feel like Majora's Mask is a cult classic at this point and it has many vocal fans.  However you rarely see it on any best of Zelda lists.

Hopefully, like the previous maligned Wind Waker, MM can finally get the respect that it rightfully deserves.

Segatarious1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby Segatarious1 » November 6th, 2014, 6:24 pm

I admit I am kind of interested as well. It is a fantastic game.

I am wondering if it would be worth it to get the 'new' 3DS for Xenoblade (I never played it on Wii) and then get this game....hmmmmm.

I have not bought many 3DS games lately, I will probably buy Kirby and Yoshi and antoher game if there is a special coming up soon for Black Friday..

ptdebate1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby ptdebate1 » November 6th, 2014, 7:26 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]I admit I am kind of interested as well. It is a fantastic game.

I am wondering if it would be worth it to get the 'new' 3DS for Xenoblade (I never played it on Wii) and then get this game....hmmmmm.

I have not bought many 3DS games lately, I will probably buy Kirby and Yoshi and antoher game if there is a special coming up soon for Black Friday..[/QUOTE]

Judging by your previous comments, I wouldn't recommend that you play either Majora's Mask or Xenoblade. They're both very story-centric--not exactly your cup of tea.

Rev1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby Rev1 » November 7th, 2014, 2:12 am

I'm interested in this as well. I have MM but I have never put much time into it and having a remastered version on the go will mean I'll definitely see the quest though.

JWK1

Majora's Mask 3D!!

Postby JWK1 » November 7th, 2014, 11:57 am

@Steer - It sounds like you've played MM before and enjoyed it, so definitely go for that one.  I'm on a bit of a 3DS drought as well.  The last truly great game I bought for the system is Bravely Default.  I'm planning on buying the New 3DS and Xenoblade, but your tastes can be kind of hard to predict.  I'm not sure it would be your thing or not.  I have the game on Wii and played for about 30 hours, but the alure of playing this on a handheld is too much for me.  I'm double dipping on Xenoblade for sure.

Return to “Classic Gaming”