User Voting Online!

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

User Voting Online!

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 20th, 2014, 9:01 pm

By the time you read this all the review pages should be outfitted with reader voting! (you may need to refresh).  Check out that slick blue bar under my review grades and the distinctive Vote button.  This is the real thing!

Hopefully this works!  I'm a little nervous.

Go ahead and start voting on games (that you've played of course), but don't go too crazy because there's always a chance the system will crash and I'll have to roll the whole thing back (God forbid).  I'll be keeping an eye on performance problems.

Please let me know how it goes.  Special thanks to Mark Jewell for providing the snazzy graphics, and thanks to those who were involved in the Beta testing.  I had to clear out all those early beta votes by the way.

VGC

FunkmasterV1

User Voting Online!

Postby FunkmasterV1 » November 21st, 2014, 3:46 am

I dug it. Filled up your Atari 7800, Wii, WiiU pages. Thanks for the feedback option bro

Vinnie

JustLikeHeaven1

User Voting Online!

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » November 21st, 2014, 11:20 am

Yeah I've been voting on a bunch of stuff myself.  Let us know how it's working out.

Also FUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nice to see ya!  Stay a while and teach some of these young whipper snappers about the awesomeness of Ninja Golf and other 7800 gems!  

If Zenzerotron shows up talking about Strikers 1945 I might lose my mind!

Verm1

User Voting Online!

Postby Verm1 » November 21st, 2014, 11:51 am

Well, I've tested it; the vote buttons take a moment to load it seems.

That said, I notice that the articles drop down menu is broken on all the game review pages now; it just displays a list of 'undefined'; the menu appears to display fine on non-game review pages.

scotland171

User Voting Online!

Postby scotland171 » November 21st, 2014, 1:03 pm

Isn't it interesting when people disagree about a game?

When a game only have a single vote, I can see stark differences between it and the Critic's grade. For instance, when writing this Asteroids 7800 has an A from the critic, but its 1 vote is a D+. Someone feels strongly this game is a stinker.  Sounds like the start of a fun conversation there.

Fast forward a few months, that D+ won't mean much against dozens of other votes.  Will scores of those that really like the game just get averaged out with those that don't.  I think a game that has fans and detractors, even if it averages out to a C, means there is a discussion to be had - and that's interesting. 

Does it matter to anyone how spread out the reader ratings are?   
Shouldn't this reader feedback be seeds for good forum discussions? 

gleebergloben1

User Voting Online!

Postby gleebergloben1 » November 21st, 2014, 1:59 pm

[QUOTE=FunkmasterV]I dug it. Filled up your Atari 7800, Wii, WiiU pages. Thanks for the feedback option bro

Vinnie[/QUOTE]

Funkmaster is back! Long live the Funk!

Verm1

User Voting Online!

Postby Verm1 » November 21st, 2014, 4:55 pm

One thing that might be interesting, is to add the reader vote grade to the console overview pages (i.e the pages that list every game the critic has reviewed on a system, along with the grade he gave them).

That would make it easier to see where the readers appear to notably disagree with, or agree with the Critic's views.

JustLikeHeaven1

User Voting Online!

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » November 21st, 2014, 5:00 pm

[QUOTE=Verm]One thing that might be interesting, is to add the reader vote grade to the console overview pages (i.e the pages that list every game the critic has reviewed on a system, along with the grade he gave them).

That would make it easier to see where the readers appear to notably disagree with, or agree with the Critic's views.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would be sweet.

Marriott_Guy1

User Voting Online!

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » November 21st, 2014, 5:33 pm

Nice job Dave - well implemented!

Rev1

User Voting Online!

Postby Rev1 » November 21st, 2014, 5:33 pm

Awesome! This works great. I'll be going through and voting a lot once I get some free time.

Return to “Video Games General”