Games You're Looking Forward to in 2015

General and high profile video game topics.
ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 4th, 2015, 12:49 pm

Grim Fandango
Star Wars: Battlefront

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » January 4th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Yep, I forgot Uncharted 4 as well as Majora's Mask!

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » February 1st, 2015, 4:18 am

I'm actually excited for a lot of games coming out this year. Though, it'll be a while until I actually get around to playing a lot of them because there are a bunch that are coming for systems that I don't have yet.

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) - I don't think I'll be getting around to this one any time soon because I don't have a PS4 and I'm currently out of space on my PS3. A new larger hard drive as well as an external hard drive isn't in my budget right now, so it will definitely be a while before I get to play P5. I could use this opportunity to complain about the current/past gens doing away with memory cards (which are cheaper and only require me to plug in a new one) but I've said it all before.

Disgaea 5 (PS4)

Omega Quintet (PS4)

Legend of Legacy (3DS) - Keeping my fingers crossed that this comes to America. The developers of LoL have stated that they were trying to make a game like some of the older SaGa games. Speaking of which...

SaGa 2015 *obviously a placeholder title* (Vita, I think) - Other than the fact that the SaGa series is coming back, what has me excited for this one? When asked what kind of game it would be in an interview, SaGa's director said "A regular RPG." Thank God.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3 or PS4 or both. I forget.)

J-Stars Victory Versus (PS4)

Splatoon (Wii U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Star Fox (Wii U)

Zelda U (Wii U)

Bracely Second (3DS)

Criminal Girls (Vita)

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita)

Puzzle & Dragons Z/ Puzzle & Dragons: Mario Edition (3DS)

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U) - At least I hope it comes out this year. Or at the very least I hope someone actually mentions it this year.

I could mention a lot more but this post is already long enough. 2015 is looking like a pretty good year so far. I can't wait to see this year's E3 announcements.

a1

Postby a1 » February 1st, 2015, 12:25 pm

Frankly if all the announced games come out then there are way too many games that I'm looking forward to this year. Just from Nintendo there's Majoras mask 3d, Kirby and the rainbow curse, Mario maker, maybe splatoon (only of it gets good reviews and actually has voice chat), and Zelda.

Meanwhile MGSV is coming out on PS3, although Uncharted 4 and Batman Arkham Knight might push me into buying a ps4. Plus Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially later this year or early next year

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » February 1st, 2015, 1:18 pm

[QUOTE=a]Frankly if all the announced games come out then there are way too many games that I'm looking forward to this year. Just from Nintendo there's Majoras mask 3d, Kirby and the rainbow curse, Mario maker, maybe splatoon (only of it gets good reviews and actually has voice chat), and Zelda.

Meanwhile MGSV is coming out on PS3, although Uncharted 4 and Batman Arkham Knight might push me into buying a ps4. Plus Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially later this year or early next year[/QUOTE]

Since I'm a huge stickler about loading times, for me, shorter loads are the single best thing about upgrading to the PS4. That and just the general fluidity of the UI and multitasking abilities that come with the added RAM.

Bloodborne is what tipped me over eventually, but I also have Final Fantasy Type-0 preordered and am looking forward to XV and KH3.

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » February 1st, 2015, 1:56 pm

Haha, am I the only one who likes sports games around here?

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » February 1st, 2015, 7:00 pm

[QUOTE=Herschie]Haha, am I the only one who likes sports games around here?[/QUOTE]

I have nothing against sports games! In fact, I don't think I've ever played one I disliked. It's just that I'm not into sports in general, so the subject matter doesn't have a lot of purchase with me. I'm more of a sci fi/fantasy nerd so I naturally choose Half Life or Skyrim over Madden or FIFA.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » February 1st, 2015, 10:06 pm

I'm personally not a sports fan as I never enjoyed watching or playing major sports, so I don't find playing sports games much more appealing.  My cousin did have a few sports games on the Genesis, I tried them out a few times but I was never any good at them.

DaHeckIzDat1

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » February 2nd, 2015, 1:06 am

Ironically, all the games I really want are coming out on consoles I don't have.  Xenoblade Chronicles and Majora's Mask for the New 3DS and Final Fantasy XV for PS4.  I want to play Phantom Pain (which will actually be on PS3) but I still have to beat 4, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes first- and I actually want to play the entire series before that again to refresh myself on the story.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » February 2nd, 2015, 10:04 am

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]Ironically, all the games I really want are coming out on consoles I don't have.  Xenoblade Chronicles and Majora's Mask for the New 3DS and Final Fantasy XV for PS4.  I want to play Phantom Pain (which will actually be on PS3) but I still have to beat 4, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes first- and I actually want to play the entire series before that again to refresh myself on the story.[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I'd just play the Big Boss games and skip the Solid Snake ones!

Return to “Video Games General”