Critic, please review Banjo Tooie.

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Bubsy1

Postby Bubsy1 » January 3rd, 2015, 4:43 pm

IT'S SO GOOD. As someone who loved the original, this one trumps it in every way!
Except for canary....mary....

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » January 3rd, 2015, 11:05 pm

I loved the original, but I thought Banjo Tooie was not a strong title. The graphics were hideous, typical N64 garbage we've all dealt with too many times. They were so bad the game wasn't even enjoyable. The only platformers I like for the N64 were the original and Mario 64. I think at this point, games for the PS1 and N64 that have graphics that are headache inducing, or foggy, should be docked a few points. Time has not been kind to these systems, especially the PS1. At least the N64 has a dozen or so great games. 

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » January 4th, 2015, 9:31 am

Jon, I understand your complaint about N64 graphics, but the same must apply to the first Banjo game, which has lower-quality, lower-resolution graphics than its sequel.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » January 5th, 2015, 9:11 am

I only have one thing to day. It's short and it's sweet, but it's too-the-point as well.

Graphics =/= Gameplay.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » January 5th, 2015, 12:06 pm

I was not a big fan of Banjo Tooie, even though Banjo Kazooie is in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It's been a while since I've played Banjo Tooie, but I believe you need to use one character to complete one level, then use another character to complete the next level. I found this rather tedious, and the main reason why I didn't like the similar style game, Donkey Kong 64.

Bubsy1

Postby Bubsy1 » January 6th, 2015, 7:25 pm

[QUOTE=gleebergloben]I was not a big fan of Banjo Tooie, even though Banjo Kazooie is in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It's been a while since I've played Banjo Tooie, but I believe you need to use one character to complete one level, then use another character to complete the next level. I found this rather tedious, and the main reason why I didn't like the similar style game, Donkey Kong 64.[/QUOTE]

Not at all really. Occasionally, you need to switch to Mumbo, but his segments are only 4 minutes each, and transform, which is kind of annoying I guess, but it's fun.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » January 7th, 2015, 3:26 pm

It's a crap title. If you can stomach the terrible graphics then you're in for a tedious adventure that's sure to be annoying just like DK64. It was right around this time (actually a year or two earlier) that the industry as a whole took a nosedive and started degenerating into the disgusting, unbelievably unoriginal, bland pile of mess it is today. And let's be honest, Banjo Kazooie wasn't perfect either. It had that squirrel which was the most annoying character in the history of video games, you couldn't even bypass him even once you know the moves he has to teach you 2 moves each level. That considerably ruined the fun factor to the point where I don't really have a desire to play it anymore. If I do, it'll sure be a long time from now. It hasn't aged gracefully, and it's not an indelible game. Especially if you don't like kiddie stuff. I used to have a soft spot for cheesy platformers, but even I'm growing out of it. Let's just say there are other reviews I'm more looking forward to.

Bubsy1

Postby Bubsy1 » January 7th, 2015, 8:39 pm

[QUOTE=Jon]It's a crap title. If you can stomach the terrible graphics then you're in for a tedious adventure that's sure to be annoying just like DK64. It was right around this time (actually a year or two earlier) that the industry as a whole took a nosedive and started degenerating into the disgusting, unbelievably unoriginal, bland pile of mess it is today. And let's be honest, Banjo Kazooie wasn't perfect either. It had that squirrel which was the most annoying character in the history of video games, you couldn't even bypass him even once you know the moves he has to teach you 2 moves each level. That considerably ruined the fun factor to the point where I don't really have a desire to play it anymore. If I do, it'll sure be a long time from now. It hasn't aged gracefully, and it's not an indelible game. Especially if you don't like kiddie stuff. I used to have a soft spot for cheesy platformers, but even I'm growing out of it. Let's just say there are other reviews I'm more looking forward to.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about?
What squirrel?
This game had blood in it and a handful of innuendos, so kiddie stuff?
Tedious? How?
Unoriginal? What other games have you in a world above the clouds with giant cheese, jello and paper cut outs?

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » January 8th, 2015, 1:56 am

I guess it's a mole. I don't remember the original having blood or innuendos. It was also close to being tedious, with a lot of items to keep track of. I complained of a lack of originality in the industry lately, not Banjo Tooie. But, when I think of it, it kind of was unoriginal and represented an era in which gaming became more tedious.

Bubsy1

Postby Bubsy1 » January 11th, 2015, 9:16 pm

[QUOTE=Jon]I guess it's a mole. I don't remember the original having blood or innuendos. It was also close to being tedious, with a lot of items to keep track of. I complained of a lack of originality in the industry lately, not Banjo Tooie. But, when I think of it, it kind of was unoriginal and represented an era in which gaming became more tedious.[/QUOTE]

"How's your nuts, bark breath?"
"How about a reward?" "I don't have anything except this old page. It's been up my-" "I don't really think we need it."

also W.Anchor, Mingy Jongo, Mingella, Me Knackers, and Salty Joe's....****,
and Lord Woo Fak Fak's bleeding boils.

Return to “Review Feedback”