2015/2/19: Wii U: NES Remix

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 19th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Here's me review.  What do you think?

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » February 19th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Good review I admit to being underwhelmed when I found out what it was like.  Your review compounds that state.

Den1

Postby Den1 » February 19th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I can't speak for NES Remix, but I really enjoyed Remix II.  The main goal is to finish each level as quickly as possible to get the rainbow stars... and some of them are insanely hard.  I love the gimmicks, too, like the Mario Bros. and Kid Icarus levels that keep zooming further and further out until you can barely see the screen.  

It's like a new way to enjoy games you were tired of 20 years ago.

DaHeckIzDat1

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » February 19th, 2015, 11:20 pm

It sounds like a good review, but apparently you have 13 readers who disagree.  I'd like to hear what they have to say about it, because from what you said there doesn't seem to be much for people to like.

Edward1

Postby Edward1 » February 20th, 2015, 7:02 am

I actually liked this game and rated it an B-. 

However, I can understand why you wouldnt like it.  You're right, this game totally is a tool to sell the full games on the virtual console. This would have been a much better deal if the full games were included. However, I just like going back and playing bite size challenges for the game.  I find myself playing this game for hours on in trying to unlock all the challenges. To me, its pretty addicting.

I know this isn't for everyone, but I liked it.  I wouldn't quite call this completely demos, because it has some "remixed" such as Link playing levels in Super Mario Bros or Donkey Kong.  That's pretty neat.  However, there aren't enough of these things.  This game needs more remixing.  It feels like too much of it is just challenges from single games alone with nothing changed.

Therefore, I do have an idea for a sequel.  Instead of doing this bite size challenge route, make a full game that has elements of all these games mixed in one complete game in bizarre ways. Put things in it like Link traveling to the next dungeon on an excitebike while slicing Goombas with his sword that get in the way... stuff like that.  Make it have NES graphics, and control NES style with the WiiMote. If done right, that could be awesome. And if anyone could pull that off, it would be Nintendo.

VicViper1

Postby VicViper1 » February 20th, 2015, 7:33 am

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]It sounds like a good review, but apparently you have 13 readers who disagree.  I'd like to hear what they have to say about it, because from what you said there doesn't seem to be much for people to like.[/QUOTE]

I have reasons to believe that there are some trolls around, cause, again, a lot of games are rated completely backwards by the readers, according to them, the AES/MVS KoFs are very bad, and the CD KoFs are excellent.

As for NES Remix, I totally agree, it is a lame attempt at making a party game, and a lame attempt at making you buy the full games on the eShop. There's nearly nothing redeemable about this wretched game.

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » February 20th, 2015, 8:11 am

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]It sounds like a good review, but apparently you have 13 readers who disagree.  I'd like to hear what they have to say about it, because from what you said there doesn't seem to be much for people to like.[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Let's hear the rebuttal arguments from those that like the game. 

I noticed the first reader response was an A+.   Currently there are over 20 reader responses, and its coming in as a B.   While all we can see is the mean, its likely there are quite a few A grades in there.

There are two other WiiU games that have reader mean sentiment strongly diverge from Dave's - and they are similar in being collections of events - Mario and Sonic do Sochi, and ESPN Sports Collection.  

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » February 20th, 2015, 8:20 am

I haven't played the Wii U-edition of NES Remix, but I played Ultimate NES Remix for 3DS and I understand those are almost the same games. I really do not agree here [smile]. I thought it was a really nice compilation of mini-games with which Nintendo honored its past in a good and fun way. I admit it's not as instantly satisfying as the Wario Ware games, and it took me a little to get used to it, but once I did, I really liked this game. I didn't feel like 'glorified tutorial' to me at all. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys classic Nintendo games.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » February 20th, 2015, 2:02 pm

How does this game compare to the Wario Ware series?

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » February 20th, 2015, 3:13 pm

[QUOTE=scotland17]I noticed the first reader response was an A+.[/QUOTE]

Methinks the ghost of Steer inhabits these forums...

Just waiting for his inevitable return.  What will his pseudonym be this time?  SonicRox? iPhan? EAsBiggestSupporter?  Oh, the possibilities...

[biggrin]

Return to “Review Feedback”