Candy Man / Ms. Candy Man (Bally Astrocade)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 5th, 2015, 3:07 pm

I'm reviewing Candy Man and Ms. Candy Man which I found on my Astrocade multicart.

Does anyone know the publisher or year for Candy Man is?  I can't see to find any information on this on.  I can find plenty of info on Ms. Candy Man, but not the original game.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 5th, 2015, 3:10 pm

I found the info I was looking for

http://www.ballyalley.com/ads_and_catalogs/candy%20man%20(ad)(color)(300%20dpi).pdf

The Internet is a magical place!

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » March 5th, 2015, 3:28 pm

Someone asked the other day what defines a homebrew.   This was a reply

[QUOTE=LS650] I would consider a 'homebrew' a game produced in someone's home.  

I'm not sure how an entity like AtariAge produces their carts, but I suspect it is a lot closer to a couple of guys huddled around the kitchen table than to a big factory stamping out optical discs in China.

[/QUOTE]

Now look at this ad...it looks like a high school kid banged it out on his dad's manual typewriter.  Its 'tape cassette #18' and includes a note of thanks to Andy Guevera for his assistance with some machine language code. This game might very well have been made in someone's home and kitchen table. 

If you asked me if this game were a homebrew, I'd say yes.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » March 5th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Yes the vast majority of home computer games in the 80's would be 'homebrew' with that definition.

Return to “Now Playing”