Intellivision Flashback Overlays

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
scotland171

Postby scotland171 » March 11th, 2015, 7:15 pm

If you purchased an At Games Intellivision Flashback over the holidays, you know it only came with 10 overlays (15 for those from Sam's Club).  I went ahead and got the overlay pack.  Its very nice - having 52 sets of overlays. 

This includes a replacement for World Championship Baseball to correct an error.  The Chess overlays are also both left and right. It also has Baseball, the bonus 61st game for the Dollar General retail.   It also has really must have overlays like Bomb Squad. 

I think Pinball is my favorite.  Simple, not too busy, and just screams Schoolhouse Rock.

What is also interesting is that it has a number of overlays for the later INTV Intellivision games after Mattel opted out of the console and software business.    INTV did not put as much stock in overlays as Mattel.  Years later, "Psycho Stormtrooper" designed and sold overlays.  Because he did them years later, they tend to go more for photo realism. They are pretty, but definitely stand out from the Mattel ones. Some of the overlays in this pack are the Psycho Stormtrooper ones, but there are also overlays from other sources, such as for Hover Force.

Since these overlay are compatible with the original controllers, maybe Inty fans would appreciate them.  Some of my original overlays are showing a lot of wear as well, including some delamination of the top clear layer.   The site "Intellivisiongames.com" also has scans of the instruction manuals.  Oh, and you can now just buy the flashback from that re-seller with all the overlays, but I think its not the cheapest way to do that.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 11th, 2015, 10:07 pm

I also ordered these and agree they are a great value for collectors.

LS6501

Postby LS6501 » March 14th, 2015, 9:27 am

I bought them as well. Be warned: there are many complaints on AtariAge of lost orders or very slow shipment. I did not receive myine until 7 weeks after ordering....

Return to “Classic Gaming”