Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

The readers post their own reviews.
Quill

Postby Quill » September 23rd, 2006, 5:06 pm

Actually... Hal is not developing this game. Hal made the first 2 games but won't be a part of this one at least not directly.

Hal is a 2nd party company. Not a 1st or 3rd party. 2nd party is that grey area... kind of what Rare used to be when they worked strictly for Nintendo but were a seperate company.

Another team is being brought together to create Brawl. It is however being headed by the same guy that did the first 2 games, Masahiro Sakurai. He's also the guy that is responsible for Kirby. I believe this team is going to form another 2nd party company or something like that down the road. For now though they are only scheduled to make Brawl.

a1

Postby a1 » September 23rd, 2006, 6:57 pm

[QUOTE=Quill]

Hal is a 2nd party company. Not a 1st or 3rd party. 2nd party is that grey area... kind of what Rare used to be when they worked strictly for Nintendo but were a seperate company.

Another team is being brought together to create Brawl.

[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good way of describing HAL. I thought a new team was working on Brawl, but I checked my facts on ign and it said HAL. I think it was an old article. I imagine the new team is 2nd party as well, right?

Return to “Reader Reviews”