General Conversation forum?

General and high profile video game topics.
Tron

Re: General Conversation forum?

Postby Tron » April 23rd, 2015, 6:57 pm

Interesting stuff Atariboy. I didn't know Rod did that. Rod was like an artist when it came to his work. You can tell he took pride in it. Apparently he was unhappy with what Jack laird was wanting to do with Night Gallery. laird was talented in his own right, but he wanted to incorporate humor and quirkiness. Think: The Adams Family. Rod wanted a more twilight zone-like Night Gallery. It's not too hard to pick out rod's vision vs. jacks. I guess by the third season, which was the last season Rod was fed up.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » April 23rd, 2015, 8:55 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:I'd like to the fine folks here about music. My favorite genres are alternative, indie, punk, and video game music. My three favorite albums:

3. The Blue Album- Weezer
2. Diary- Sunny Day Real Estate
1. In Utero- Nirvana

I ended up doing a top 25 - I couldn't imagine doing anything smaller, and I easily could have done a top 50 or even a top 100. Lots of my favorite bands and albums got cut as it is, and I purposefully instated a "one album per band" limit to keep it from getting even more bloated. I'm not going to assign individual rankings - these are just a list of my favorite albums in general:

1. Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk
2. Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard
3. Ween - The Mollusk
4. Slayer - Reign in Blood
5. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
6. High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
7. Radiohead - Kid A
8. Mastodon - Blood Mountain
9. Beck - Mellow Gold
10. Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
11. Sugar - Beaster
12. Metallica - ...and Justice for All
13. Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
14. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
15. Beatles, The - Rubber Soul
16. Nomeansno - Wrong
17. Fugazi - Red Medicine
18. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
19. Soundgarden - Superunknown
20. Massive Attack - Mezzanine
21. Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral, The
22. Prince - Sign O' the Times
23. Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
24. Cannibal Ox - Cold Vein, The
25. Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

EDIT: Both Nirvana and Weezer would have been on my list if it were larger - In Utero was one of my last cuts - but I might have gone with Pinkerton in Weezer's case (The Blue Album is just as good - I just prefer the weirdness of Pinkerton).
Last edited by velcrozombie on April 23rd, 2015, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 24th, 2015, 12:53 am

Tron, you should check out 'The Outer Limits' and 'One Step Beyond', contemporaries of the original Twilight Zone.

Both are very well done and even spawned new series many years later, just as The Twilight Zone did (The Next Step Beyond which ran a season in 1978; and seven seasons utilizing the classic name 'The Outer Limits', which started in 1995).

Never watched these revivals just as I've never bothered with The Twilight Zone movie (Especially knowing what happened to Vic Morrow) or the two tv series that followed, but it's still a testament to the quality of the source material that the name and concept of these two series stood the test of time well enough to be resurrected for a new audience.

Doubt they came close to equaling the originals, though.

Tron

Postby Tron » April 25th, 2015, 3:10 pm

I've watched an episode or two of Outer Limits. I was impressed. If I ever saw it in stores I'd buy it.

I just got done watching Ray Bradbury Theater. Overall the series was really lame. I don't know what that guy was thinking on many of those episodes. Still there were a few good ones. Overall I'd say maybe 1 out of 4 episodes were good.

I've also got seasons 1 & 3 of Tales from the Crypt. More horror themed, but still well written & entertaining. I enjoy the guest stars as well. Most Bradbury episodes had actors I didn't care about, but there were a couple like William Shatner.

Another real favorite of mine is Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I've seen season 1 and it was awesome. I can't wait to get the rest of them.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » April 25th, 2015, 5:07 pm

For music I mostly like 80s rock bands like Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Ratt, Poison, Bonfire, Firehouse, Quiet Riot, Asia, Bon Jovi, Scorpions and countless others.

Tron

Postby Tron » May 5th, 2015, 7:47 am

Just watched Galaxinia (1980). It had Dorothy Stratton in one of her final roles, was murdered before film was even released. I don't like tragedy, but am interested in it. Knowing she had less than a year to live makes the film interesting for that sake alone if nothing else.

Overall the film was a disappointment. They had good props, costumes & aliens. It could've been a decent Star Wars knock-off, but instead they took the comedy route. As a comedy its a dud. If they had taken their movie a little more seriously it could've been decent.

Rev

Postby Rev » May 5th, 2015, 5:35 pm

Since the website seems to have stabilized any idea on possible making a forum for general conversations (or media or whatever)? Also what about a forum makeover?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 5th, 2015, 11:06 pm

I think it will happen pretty soon.

Voor

Postby Voor » May 6th, 2015, 10:38 pm

Here's some random media facts about me.

Favorite Albums:
Morning View--Incubus
battle of LA--Rage Against the Machine
A Collision/Remedy--David Crowder

Movies:
Book of Eli
Amelie
Signs

Books:
The Old Man and The Sea
Robinson Crusoe

Return to “Video Games General”