Should I buy Xenosaga 3 (PS2) for $50?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
JWK

Should I buy Xenosaga 3 (PS2) for $50?

Postby JWK » May 1st, 2015, 10:10 am

Hey folks. So I'm kind of going through a "adding to my collection phase. Bought a bunch of used games for PS3 at GameStop-- they have a 4 for $10 deal going on for the next two weeks-- and I'm also trying to finish purchasing all the JRPGs on PS2 I'm interested in. I've bought quite a few and there are really only 1 or 2 I'm considering left. But I haven't purchased a single Xenosaga game. I've been told they are crazy long and a bit of a slog. That, coupled with a rumor that the Xenosaga HD collection "could" happen if there's enough interest, and I just haven't thought much about the series.

But a mom and pop used game store has the third game (generally considered the best one) for $50 which is a pretty good price for it in 2015. It goes disc only on Amazon for around $60. I know I can the first two games for relatively cheap. So what does the Vgc forum say? Anyone have experience with this series?

Oltobaz

Re: Should I buy Xenosaga 3 (PS2) for $50?

Postby Oltobaz » May 1st, 2015, 2:24 pm

Only played the firts couple of games, and am of the opinion they rock. I'm the exception rather than the rule here, and always considered purchasing the third game, as time went by though, I eventually moved on. I'd love to play these games again, I'll look into this collection Rumor, or might actually buy the third PS2 game. In any case, the series is worth playing. Also, have you played Xenogears on PS1?

JWK

Postby JWK » May 1st, 2015, 4:19 pm

I haven't played Xenogears yet, though I hear it's amazing, sans the inability to speed text up and the infamous second disc. I have played most of Xenoblade, though. Amazing game. I'm going to repurchase it for new 3ds soon. Jrpgs are always best played on handhelds, imo.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 2nd, 2015, 10:07 am

I played Xenosaga I but never proceeded to II. Xenogears was amazing although flawed. Definitely a classic of the PS1.

I also took advantage of GameStop's 4 for $10 deal to get some PS3 games I missed like the Uncharted series, Assassin's creed 2 and Revelations, and assorted Call of Duty titles.

Rev

Postby Rev » May 2nd, 2015, 6:07 pm

Yeah, I took advantage of the 4 for $10 deal as well. I picked up a bunch of common games that I never really thought I had to buy. Picked up: Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham city, Assassin's Creed Revelations, AC 2, Darksiders, Hitman Absolution, Halo Reach, Gears of War 3. I don't think Bioshock was supposed to be on the 4 for $10 but several copies were in the bin so the lady gave it to me for the price as well... With a gamestop card I got 4 games each for under $10 which was an awesome deal. Thanks for bringing that up.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 10th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Did you end up buying it, JWK?

JWK

Postby JWK » May 16th, 2015, 3:38 pm

I did buy it. It was in amazing shape and considering the rarity, I was happy with the purchase. Today I purchased parts I and II on amazon for a few dollars. I probably won't be able to play them for a while, but I've gotta get the rest of the PS2 RPGs I'm interested in sooner rather than later before they jump up in price any more than they already have.

Return to “Classic Gaming”