A negative with PC gaming and modes with PC gaming.

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

A negative with PC gaming and modes with PC gaming.

Postby Sonicx9 » May 14th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Not only do you need all of the DLC/Up to date patchs for PC games/Firmware Updates for your PC operating systems/what have you with PC gaming such as Driver Updates, apps, etc. But to make PC games to work more optimal, you will also need to download stuff such as Settings Configuration Tool sometimes/a mod to improve the games graphics/performance sometimes/other mods for improvements, etc/and you also need to do a Issues fixed sometimes for the game to work properly.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Watch_Dogs

I would imagine the critic going completely bonkers over this nonsense, as it will take you a lifetime to be revising the review for said PC game constantly, and you would have to dedicate your life to it just to get an accurate review!

In addition, you also have to deal with Malware/Virus problems when you install some modes/internet,etc

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/some-g ... 0-6427338/

It is not only not an accurate review of said game, but you are basically doing the publisher/developer their dirty work at the same time!

Vexer6

Re: A negative with PC gaming and modes with PC gaming.

Postby Vexer6 » May 15th, 2015, 3:10 am

Yeah PC gaming does have it's downsides, sometimes PC ports can have needlessly restrictive DRM that does ridiculous things like limiting how many times you can install a game or forcing you to have a constant internet connection in order to save.

Still love PC gaming though in spite of these annoyances.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 15th, 2015, 11:13 am

Vexer6 wrote:Yeah PC gaming does have it's downsides, sometimes PC ports can have needlessly restrictive DRM that does ridiculous things like limiting how many times you can install a game or forcing you to have a constant internet connection in order to save.

The worst victims of DRM is EA with Origin DRM, Ubisoft with Uplay DRM, and Games for Windows Live DRM by Microsoft on many games (even though many PC games with Games for Windows Live DRM have switched over to Steam DRM) even though Steam DRM has some faults, but not as bad as Origin, Uplay, Games for Windows Live DRM.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » May 15th, 2015, 3:37 pm

True, though Steam arguably jump-started the whole DRM trend in the first place.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 16th, 2015, 8:07 am

That's why I prefer Good Old Games...It's awesome.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » May 16th, 2015, 11:55 am

No, the biggest negative comes from a whole different issue.

If you want the most games, and most AAA ports, you need Windows if you don't want to fiddle with WINE. And Windows, as I've been saying for years, not matter which version, is absolutely horrid. No customization, a total resource whore, poor memory management, constantly having to defrag, ridiculous amounts of viruses, it's ridiculous. And that crappy activation process which does nothing to stop piracy (and I don't blame the pirates, heck, I encourage pirating Windows, it shouldn't be over 100 dollars).

Linux FTW!

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » May 16th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Windows is not "horrid" at all, that's absolute nonsense, Linux can kiss my ass! LOL

Return to “Video Games General”