2015/5/19: Neo Geo: Top Players Golf, Burning Fight, Neo Turf Masters

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2015/5/19: Neo Geo: Top Players Golf, Burning Fight, Neo Turf Masters

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 19th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Check out this new set of Neo Geo reviews. Burning Fight is an update (B- to B). Top Players Golf is another update (D to F). Neo Turf Masters is brand new.

Tim

Re: 2015/5/19: Neo Geo: Top Players Golf, Burning Fight, Neo Turf Masters

Postby Tim » May 20th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Always nice to see new Neo Geo reviews, though your opinion of Neo Turf Masters seems to have lessened somewhat since reviewing SNK Arcade Classics on the PS2 and Wii, when you referred to it as "exceptional" and "absolutely superb"!

Tron

Postby Tron » May 20th, 2015, 8:11 pm

I've played both the golf games & enjoyed them both. I played Turf Masters in the arcades and on the SNK Collections a lot. I think Turf Masters is pretty awesome. I agree that the forced-fast pace can be discouraging, but it was an arcade game after all. They didn't want someone sitting on the machine all day studying each & every shot. It's hard, but rewarding. In the arcade you'd get 3 holes for a quarter. If you got a birdie you were rewarded an extra hole. Par meant that the hole was simply used and bogey meant you got penalized a hole. After some practice you could play 9 holes on a quarter. Sweet deal. The players seemed interesting & there was a good variety. The guys with the most power had the fastest swings so it was harder to control. There were 3 courses & they were pretty unique. Teeing off over a waterfall is pretty intimidating. I think Turf Masters is one of the best 3-click golf games there is. I know the Critic likes golf games and the 3-click swing so I'm disappointed he didn't love this game.

jon

Postby jon » May 20th, 2015, 11:27 pm

I like Neo Turf Masters and it's a game I'll always enjoy. But I understand that there is an exceptionally high standard to keep up with. SNK made some incredible baseball games. And I feel like those are the games everything else is judged by. Always love the Neo Geo reviews, looking forward to Metal Slug.

Project Nintendo

Postby Project Nintendo » May 21st, 2015, 12:21 am

Cool to see some more Neo Geo stuff. Keep up the great work! :) Love reading you reviews.

Maks

Postby Maks » May 24th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Long time fan of the site, but the NTM review compelled me to finally sign up for an account. Years ago I had a cab and an MVS 4-slot and NTM was one of my favorite games. Golf from the team that brought you Metal Slug. It is far and away my favorite golf game ever and one of the top Neo titles IMO. The only really frustrating part for me is when your ball hits the pin and bounces out, it seems to happen way too often. The Neo Geo CD version contains an extra course not found on the MVS cart.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 24th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Thanks for the info Maks!
I didn't know about the extra course on the CD version, or the fact it was made by the Metal Slug people.
Glad to have you on board.

jon

Postby jon » May 24th, 2015, 8:58 pm

That's one of the reasons I joined too. I just think that it's really great always seeing the new Neo reviews coming and hopefully many more. It's very interesting to see some of the games that had previously only been featured in compilation reviews getting their own reviews.

Maks

Postby Maks » May 25th, 2015, 4:05 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Thanks for the info Maks!
I didn't know about the extra course on the CD version, or the fact it was made by the Metal Slug people.
Glad to have you on board.

Thanks! Also check out The Irem Skins Game on SNES, made by Irem (obviously), which is where the folks who started Nazca, of Metal Slug fame, came from.

Return to “Review Feedback”