Farscape?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
zetax

Farscape?

Postby zetax » May 25th, 2015, 10:09 pm

Anybody here into Farscape? Never seen an episode, but heard good things about it. For the record, I like stuff like Firefly, Star Trek, Babalon 5, Space 1999 (anyone remember that one?) Amazon has the complete series pretty cheap, so I'm tempted. Any thoughts?

Atarifever

Re: Farscape?

Postby Atarifever » May 26th, 2015, 5:35 am

I've watched a bunch on Netflix. It's pretty neat, but it's less science and more fiction than the other series you like I think. That said, the thing it reminds me of most is the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The main characters even remind me of each other. That's a high compliment, as I loved Guardians of the Galaxy.

zetax

Postby zetax » May 26th, 2015, 3:16 pm

I hadn't thought to check Netflix, I'll give it a go there first. Thanx for the heads-up!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 1st, 2015, 7:13 pm

Farscape is awesome!

It's Buck Rogers meets the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 1st, 2015, 7:39 pm

ActRaiser wrote:Farscape is awesome!

It's Buck Rogers meets the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I love Buck Rogers. One of my favorite shows. If Farscape is really like that show then I should check it out too.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 1st, 2015, 10:55 pm

Yeah, if you remember the 70s TV show, where Buck is on a space shuttle, and he ends up 500 years into the future. He's a fish out of water and only with his 70s era common sense can he over come the trials of the 25th century.

In Farscape a guy in a shuttle of some sort gets launched to the other side of the galaxy testing out a warp drive. He's a fish out of water and only with his 90s era common sense can he over come the trials of the far side of the galaxy. :P

I'm sure real fans will tell you they're nothing alike, but "Roger, Roger" They're the same... :) And that's a good thing.

scotland

Postby scotland » June 2nd, 2015, 7:28 am

Farscape and Buck Rogers?
Wait, Buck Rogers was about a hip contemporary Earth man tossed into a futuristic world, where he would heroically save the day with occasional shout outs to pop culture of his time, but in Farscape...wait...same thing.

Wait, Buck Rogers love interest slash comrade in arms looked like this:
but in Farscape, John had a love interest slash comrade in arms that looked like this:

Totally different...uh....maybe they kinda are the same show....except I bet Twikkie smells better than Rygel.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 7th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Nice pics!

I totally dig Wilma & the Princess. Wilma brought the sweet sexy & the Princess brought the sassy sexy. Both brought sexy! I also loved Ms. Cosmos!

I don't know that chick, but it looks like she brings tough sexy. Farscape is on my list to get. Any cool aliens, robots or cyborgs?

Shapur

Postby Shapur » July 31st, 2015, 10:38 pm

I love Farscape, but be sure to give it a bit. The first season isn't the best but it gets better. The aliens are fantastic, despite the low budget nature of the show puppets really make alien characters like Pilot and Rigel seam believable in a way few other sci-fi sows can manage.

I haven't seen Buck Rogers but I'm guessing he doesn't spend 3/4 of the series a little nuts like Crichton?

Return to “Other Media”