No Split Screen in Halo 5

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

No Split Screen in Halo 5

Postby ActRaiser » July 6th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Here's one for you. The idiots have pulled split screen gaming. As far as I can tell this leaked via a Twitter answer to someone and the s*** hit the fan pretty quickly.

This youtube click pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdRyMTyUMWQ

I found an online petition to sign. I doubt it will help but at this point it can't really hurt.

Hi,
I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:
"Petition for 343 to support 4 player split screen in Halo 5 (@Brav, @JoshingtonState, @PlutonForEver)"

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-for-343-to-support-4-player-split-screen
I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes just a few seconds of your time.
Thanks!

Here's the most recent dedicated thread about it on the Halo forums.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/official-split-screen-thread-v3-0/308309d1-bd9a-4fee-b8b5-bd95eebefbf4/posts

If you got a moment to waste, please sign it. No local co-op, no split screen gaming for multiplayer...what on earth are they thinking? Again, I'm under no illusions that signing anything will help but it can't hurt. The only other thing to do is to not buy it. That's my next step.

Vexer6

Re: No Split Screen in Halo 5

Postby Vexer6 » July 7th, 2015, 12:18 am

Honestly I don't care at about this at all, I never played Halo for multiplayer, I only care about single-player, and Halo 5 is sounding pretty good in that department, so that's all that matters to me.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 7th, 2015, 1:37 am

Local co-op DLC available now, only $69.99.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » July 7th, 2015, 7:56 am

So very disappointed. Couch co-oped Halo with a friend once a week all winter and spring, and will likely do the same all fall. That's the best way to play Halo, period. There goes my main reason to ever buy an Xbox One.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 7th, 2015, 8:23 am

Gentlegamer wrote:Local co-op DLC available now, only $69.99.

hehe, not to be out done by adding microtransactions into the mix.

"Buy a tank for $2.99 for 5 minutes"

scotland

Postby scotland » July 7th, 2015, 8:38 am

Okay. Help me out here.

The decline of split screen, from four to two to just one, is because gamers want the full monty of frame rate and resolution, and the consoles just cannot handle the demands...is that right?

Could gamers live with last gen graphics to get split screen or would the game get ridiculed?

While arena combat would not work, could you have campaign co-op in third person? Keep one screen and have a rubber band effect or zoom out to keep the players together?

Maybe Sega can build an add on to give the Xboxone local split screen. Call it the XboxOneMore.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » July 7th, 2015, 9:28 am

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I could go into a big ol rant right now...but I won't. It will basically turn into a grumpy old guy complaining about how awesome things used to be and how they suck now.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 7th, 2015, 11:12 am

Yeah, pretty much the same here. Plus, we use Halo in our weekly LAN get togethers. It's the crux of the whole thing. We've been playing Reach for the last 5 years. It would be nice to play a few new maps...4's framerates and gameplay were sub-par compared to Reach.

I found this on the halo forums and thought it was worth a shot as well.

343 needs more time to make this feature a possibility, and I suspect that Microsoft has disallowed them from pushing back the release date, which leaves us with no splitscreen at launch. What if 343 realized the importance of splitscreen and elected to release an update, post-launch, which includes splitscreen support?

Here is a topic https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/8670937-patch-in-splitscreen-for-halo-5-post-launchon the Xbox User Voice site urging 343 to make it happen. NOTE: This is NOT a petition. This is literally Microsoft's own official feedback channel, and it is through votes that they know which items they should address. So please, go check out the idea, give it a vote, and share it around Twitter, Waypoint and even Facebook. When via Waypoint, please remind your readers that it is not a petition, but Microsoft's official feedback page, so that the mods will know we are in keeping with the rules and we can keep fighting for #Halo5Splitscreen.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 7th, 2015, 11:58 am

And look, there goes me buying this game. I play Halo with my wife. No splitscreen means we'll be sticking with Gears on Xbox One (assuming it still has split screen)

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 7th, 2015, 11:59 am

scotland wrote:Okay. Help me out here.

The decline of split screen, from four to two to just one, is because gamers want the full monty of frame rate and resolution, and the consoles just cannot handle the demands...is that right?

Could gamers live with last gen graphics to get split screen or would the game get ridiculed?

From what I can tell everyone and their mom is comfortable with lower resolutions, frame rates, and graphic fidelity to have split screen. The only ones that are pro removing it are those that don't understand supporting split screen won't take away from 1080p60fps in single screen mode.

The only possible thing that it could take away from is taking time away from polishing and optimizing the single screen player. But no one and I mean no one that's played multiplayer console games over the last 20 years expects split screen to support 1080p/60 FPS. That's not reasonable.

Return to “Modern Gaming”